Associate Director, CFCC Advisory
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Help the Group meet its commitment of being "Here for Good" by building a sustainable compliance framework that places regulatory and compliance best practice standards, and a culture of appropriate conduct at the forefront of the Group's agenda.
- As an independent second line risk control function, execute the relevant aspects of the Compliance framework through robust independent risk control and the provision of specialist advice and constructive challenge in a manner proportionate to the nature, scale and complexity of the Group's business.
- Proactively support and challenge the Group's businesses and functions to exhibit appropriate conduct, comply with regulatory and compliance requirements and strive to achieve fair outcomes for the Group's clients..
- Support the management of the regulatory relationships with each of the regulators, whose rules the Group is subject to.
- Maintain independence, deliver timely responses, and timely escalation of risks and issues where they feel risk management tolerance of the firm are exceeded.
- Support and implement the vision, strategy, and direction for Global Functions Compliance In accordance with strategic plan.
- Promote the culture and practice of compliance with compliance standards (including conducting business within regulatory requirements, and to high ethical standards) within the Bank and embed a Here for good culture and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Build and maintain an effective and constructive relationship with key functional and Compliance stakeholders that is based on trust, capability and integrity, providing timely, responsive and quality regulatory compliance advice and guidance to enable the business and functions to meet/ achieve their strategic/tactical objectives.
- Where applicable support the Functions on Change Management including co-ordinating compliance approvals and support on regulatory notifications.
- Provide robust challenge to relevant function stakeholders where activities are outside risk tolerance/ appetite, escalating as necessary, until appropriate oversight and ownership is achieved including actions and plans to address any remedial action needed to come back within risk tolerance/ appetite.
- Work closely with the functions to provide timely regulatory compliance advice to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and support the transition to pro-active and pre-emptive compliance and conduct risk mitigation.
- Maintain effective processes (including training, advice and support) to ensure that policies, procedures and standards to address compliance risks (excluding financial crime) are effectively implemented and adhered to across Group Functions.
- Provide support and challenge to the Bank's senior management to ensure that they establish and monitor appropriate processes for compliance with compliance policies, procedures and standards (including meeting regulatory obligations and maintaining high standards of conduct).
- Act as Risk Owner under the Group's Risk Management Framework for Global Function processes where Compliance is the second line Risk Owner.
- Ensure effective management of compliance matters, and in collaboration with the rest of the Compliance team, effectively manage regulatory issues that have a significant impact on the Bank.
- Support the provision of information and reports to relevant Functional risk and control committees and management group on key compliance risks and issues.
- Maintain adequate management MI / trackers across all aspects of their coverage and responsibility to ensure all issues and matters are tracked, followed, regularly assessed and reported on.
- Within the Group's overall Risk Management Framework, establish and maintain appropriate risk based compliance frameworks for identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, mitigating and reporting compliance risks across Group Functions
Regulatory & Business Conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Degree or equivalent
- Compliance experience
- Understanding of UK and European regulation and the PRA/FCA regulatory framework.
- Preferred an understanding of the Group's organisational structure and internal procedures.
- Excellent and proven oral and written communication skills
- Networker. Comfortable dealing with businesses across different countries and cultures. Tactful and discreet, confidentiality a must.
- Excellent organisation skills, with ability to multi-task. Prioritises activities/projects according to business need - puts in effort to ensure activities completed on schedule and to high quality required.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, sometimes demanding environment.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Proactive and creative approach to work, self-motivated
- Takes responsibility and accountability for own tasks.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.