Associate Director, Pricing Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Establish working relationships with traders to solve their pricing issues
- Develop Excel-based prototypes, leading to proof of concept releases, in alignment with the Bank's strategic objectives
- Testing / debugging of quantitative analysis financial library functions
- Collaborate on Price engine design, including all analytics (price discovery, market and client profiling),
- Collaborate on the development of risk management frameworks, and associated execution strategies
- Participate in hiring of analytical candidates within business and product development teams
- Address the demand for improved electronic access to liquidity.
- Ensure solutions are aligned with business strategy.
- Deliver tactical Sales and Trading tools to address immediate needs and mitigate risk, and to facilitate the transition to the strategic platform.
- Accountable for ensuring deliveries are on-time and to specification, adhering to stringent quality requirements
- Change management: Drive the change programme required to execute business strategy through the Process Governance Committee, i.e.:
- Participate in driving continuous improvements in the business, i.e. for identifying and executing ad hoc improvements to business processes, policies, and structure.
- Operational risk: Maintain appropriate frameworks and procedures within business for monitoring, identifying, assessing, and managing operational risks, i.e.:
- Work with support areas to help identify and mitigate identified operational risks in their areas
- Capacity planning: Ensure that sufficient project resources exist by current and projected levels of business activity
- Define appropriate measurements and establish reporting tools for quantifying electronic trading performance (revenue, risk and client service), i.e.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Provide key support areas, such as Operations, with business requirements regarding performance metrics
- Continuously develop customer service metrics, monitor performance results, and determine appropriate actions in response
- Minimum 2+ plus years of total experience
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income flow trading products, in practice and in theory - including interest rate pricing (e.g., short term interest rates (OIS), swap pricing, bond pricing, FWDs/cross-currency pricing)
- Experience building/extending and working with analytics libraries
- Experience with large scale real-time distributed systems in Ecommerce/Etrading
- Strong Excel skills - with experience creating add-ins/automation using languages other than VBA
- Strong software development skills in languages such as C#,Java,C++
- Desirable - functional programming experience - F#,Haskell
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to drive initiatives across multifunctional, multicultural and multisite team environments
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.