Role Responsibilities Platform Collaboration and Partnership Opportunities
Commercialisation and Client Engagement
- Conduct regular market scan across the Trade Finance third party platforms / fintech space to help identify new potential collaboration / partnership opportunities to drive client origination, enhanced product solutions / capabilities and embed SCB's Open Account Trade solutions into third party platform ecosystems to capture new client opportunities.
- Engage Trade Finance fintechs / third party platforms to identify new trends / capabilities in the market.
- Help scope new third-party platform collaborations / partnerships, including business case development, partnership framework, etc.
- Support the enablement of new third-party platform engagements.
Risk and Efficiency
- Partner with frontline coverage and sales teams to actively engage and drive end-to-end Third Party Platform commercialisation and revenue realisation.
- Help manage and orchestrate Third-Party Platforms leads generation, tracking and follow up with country teams to drive closure.
- Build and sustain relationships with clients, as a trusted advisor and source of insights on Third-Party platforms.
- Support high-level discovery engagement with clients to ensure seamless integration between Third Party Platforms, clients' procurement ad AP process, to Standard Chartered banking processes / systems.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Support initiatives to ensure robust Third Party Platform governance procedures and processes.
- Undertake proactive Platform monitoring and portfolio reviews.
- Support efforts to simplify platform onboarding / integration.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 2+ years of Experience in Banking industry, Fintech or Management Consulting.
- Experience working in Fintech and/or exposure to working with Platforms.
- Prior Trade Finance experience, particularly in the areas of Supply Chain Finance / Receivables Finance.
- Creative self-starter, with a curiosity to challenge existing ways of doing things and enjoys coming up with new ideas / solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
About Standard Chartered
- Strong presentation and communication skills in both written and oral form.
- Creativity - enjoys coming up with new ideas, finding new solutions.
- Experience working with fintechs in the Trade finance space.
- Fintech and emerging technologies business knowledge.
- Curiosity to challenge existing ways of doing things.
- Strong project management skills.
- Trade Finance experience.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers