Associate, Portfolio Analysis and Monitoring
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for proactively managing the credit risk (monitoring and analysis) of a complex portfolio of Corporate Finance accounts in close co-ordination with the originating deal team. Credit Analysis (Required)
Portfolio Management (Required) -
- Proactive, comprehensive and timely credit analysis through BCA renewals, quarterly performance reporting, waiver and amendment requests and documentation of credit events;
- Evaluation and understanding of risks associated with structured, leveraged & project finance assets, structural, contractual and external risks;
- Financial analysis of a complex customer base using credit skills; ratio analysis; balance sheet and cashflow analysis;
- Evaluation of security, including parental support;
- Evaluation of project company management and strategy;
- Early detection of adverse credit issues and early alert reporting to credit as required;
- Completing financial spreads, analysing long term financial models and completing credit grade assessments; and
- Compliance with Bank policy and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Monitoring, review and reporting (where required) of covenanted items;
- Quarterly portfolio reporting;
- Timely response to portfolio related queries to other areas in the Bank;
- Accurate and timely responses to ad hoc reporting requests;
- Ensure that credit files are complete and maintained to an auditable standard.
- Timeliness and quality of credit analysis;
- Early identification of adverse credit issues and reporting to credit as required;
- Protection of the credit risk profile of the portfolio when making recommendations to credit; and
- Timeliness and accuracy in reporting.
- Credit analysis skills;
- Financial analysis skills;
- Able to analyse excel-based financial models;
- Must be sensitive to short time frames and be able to quickly assess and turnaround applications to credit;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required; and
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and can work with little supervision.
- Core Credit Curriculum Certified
- Mandarin language is preferred as candidate is required to review documentation written in Chinese e.g. financial statements and finance documents
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.