Business Analyst – Migration & Settlement
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Assisting technology stakeholders in exploring solutions appropriate to meet the operational and business/functional requirements defined.
- Working with business and technology stakeholders to elicit business requirements and produce user stories in an Agile model
- Work closely with vendors based in different location on number of deliverables.
- Interact with various teams with in the bank, for example, Sourcing, Compliance etc relating to outsourcing review and approvals.
- Have experience of working in Agile env with multiple team and location involved.
- Working with stakeholders to draft test cases which can be traced back to the requirements;
- Support technology delivery and testing teams in solution delivery and implementation
- Writing test cases, analysing testing data, test flows and testing strategies.
- Address defects and risk evaluation and mitigation
- Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules. Ensure that the project is managed in line with good project management practices
- Define and formulate the implementation plan (including key dependencies, resource requirements and interlocks
- Provide periodic project updates to project working group and steering committees
- Define and monitor at a work stream level key risk and issues and manage them as defined in PMP guidelines
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
Qualifications & Skills
- A Bachelor's Degree/MBA or equivalent
- Excellent documentation skills
- Minimum 3 years of project experience in application delivery and project management
- Strong knowledge in fixed income and repo settlement, with minimum 3 years of front to back technology project experience in performing both business analysis and project management
- Experience in managing multiple project portfolios, scheduling, resources planning, and managing budgets, ensuring projects are completed at a high level of quality, within projected budgets, scopes and schedules.
- Ability to engage, influence and independently drive outcomes effectively across stakeholder groups, from working level through to senior management
- Agile/ Scrum experience
- A proven track record of delivery excellence
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Competency in Jira and Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
Desirable but not essential
- Knowledge in SCB Trade Processing systems, OPICS, GLOSS, MQ would be added advantage
- Experience with vendor management
- CBAP, PMI-PBA or similar certifications
- Relevant PM certification (PMP/CAPM, etc)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.