Business Analyst - Market Risk Change
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Risk and Compliance Change team require a strong Business Analyst in the Market Risk Change space to lead a number of initiatives as part of the strategic the Market Risk Programme. The deliverable will incorporate business and technology deliverables including system upgrades and migrations, risk data and control implementations. In this function, the lead is responsible for high quality analytics requirements produced by the team, definition of target operating model, testing, training and user support for various projects focused on Traded Market Risk.
People and Talent
- Work with relevant stakeholders (TRM, MR Ops, FO) globally to deliver the Limits and Excess Management workflow solution across all asset classes
- Manage requirements across multiple workstreams
- Work with ITO to onboard business requirements to technical solutions
- Bridge the gap between business stakeholders and technology partners by providing clear business requirements and defining clear acceptance criteria
- Identify gaps thorough stakeholder interviews and data analysis
- Ensure traceability between requirements and test cases
- Collaborate with team members across various locations and time zones to ensure solution is consistent across all asset classes where applicable
- Undertake functional testing to ensure quality of delivery before it is passed on to the stakeholders for UAT.
- Able to identify and raise risks and issues if project milestones are at risk
- Decommission legacy systems and transition users to the strategic workflow platform
- Providing user training and support where required
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Be able to manage a large-scale global project with a large number of teams and stakeholders involved.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Traded Risk Managers, MR Ops, Front Office
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer science or other related analytical field (Masters a plus)
- 5-7 years of experience in Finance
- Strong understanding of Market Risk Limits and Excess Management
- Strong experience in implementing projects using Agile methodology
- Good understanding of UI/UX development
- Programming experience in Excel VBA, SQL is a plus
- Experienced in data visualization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .