Business Analyst (AVP), NBFI, Global Financial Institutions
OCBC NBFI Team provides spot-on financial solutions and advisory for clients in the Insurance, Exchanges, Broker Dealers, Financial Leasing, Fintechs, Regulated Funds and Alternatives (Private Capital Funds, Hedge Funds) segments. Products and services offered include:
- Accounts opening & liquidity management
- Digital payments & collections solutions
- Treasury access to FX, fixed income, equities, interest rates, structured notes and other products
- Credit facilities (bilateral/syndicated, unsecured/secured/assets based)
- Public markets (debt & equity) capital raising
- Strategic advisory
We are a team of game changers who are constantly seeking to improve the value proposition for NBFI clients and driving collaboration across internal business units. Our aim is to make OCBC the preferred banking partner for NBFIs especially in Asia.
- Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop deep understanding and market knowledge of a wide range of NBFIs, including insurance companies, exchanges, broker dealers, financial leasing companies, regulated funds, private capital funds and hedge funds.
- Review financial statements, business developments, industry trends, regulatory capital requirements and management quality to form appropriate business proposition (across key product groups) for consideration by Relationship Managers.
- Joint customer visits/ calls conducted with Relationship Managers in understanding client's business and obtaining business updates.
- Recommend appropriate credit solutions, limits, structures (including requisite maintenance covenants) covering products such as loans, trade and treasury.
- Manage annual industry reviews for portfolio assigned. Support Relationship Managers in refining the value propositions for selected clients/ segments.
- Monitor assigned portfolio for early warning triggers, covenant breaches or any updates that impact client's financial profile. Ensure adherence of terms & conditions imposed on facilities.
- Monitor developments in market conditions, regulatory changes, country risk and table relevant updates.
- To understand OCBC's policies & procedures for doing business with NBFI clients (all segments) across countries in APAC.
*L*LI-VN Qualifications Requirements
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Bachelor or master's degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Law, Engineering or related fields.
- Experience in conducting business analysis on NBFIs across APAC region, and equipped with good writing and presentation skills.
- Product knowledge of Trade, Treasury and Capital Markets instruments would be an advantage.
- Mastery of Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, OneNote, OneDrive) required.
- Good team player who is driven, pro-active with a positive attitude and comfortable with a dynamic, fast-changing environment.