Business Compliance Service Manager (Reviewer) (1 year contract)
The incumbent is required to review and carry out surveillance work on Corporate accounts (Emerging Business) to manage the risks pertaining to anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing, or economic and trade sanctions.
The Business Compliance Service Manager is expected to be accurate, thorough and detailed in his/her analysis of account transactions. When there is a transaction or event that poses a risk to the bank (whether reputational or potential breach of law, sanction of regulation) he/she is expected to identify the risk and recommend/take remedial action to mitigate the risk. He/she is required to complete the reviews in a timely manner before stipulated deadline.
The job scope of the Business Compliance Service Manager (Reviewer) includes:
1. Perform various types of triggering event reviews on customer accounts and ensure completion within stipulated timeframe
2. Identify, analyze and escalate potential AML risks
3. Liaise with customers / Relationship Managers to obtain updated client information
4. Make independent recommendations regarding AML risk
5. Identify and escalate any unusual activity / transaction activity not consistent with client profile and file UTRs where required
6. Conduct research via available Bank systems and commercial databases as well as internet
7. Work closely with business users and project team members on problem resolution, project initiation, implementation, and post implementation support
8. Contribute to developing and ensuring a compliant culture within the business users
1. Degree holder with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience 2. Knowledge of local regulatory guidelines, KYC/AML guidelines and good awareness of bank controls and AML risk
3. Proficiency in MS office applications / World check / Factiva
4. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and written skills
5. Ability to articulate thought process clearly 6. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet timeline