COO - Client Onboarding Specialist - AVP
- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 18 Okt 18
COO - Client Onboarding Specialist - AVP
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
KYC Client Onboarding Associate is responsible for ensuring client is successfully on boarded as required per global KYC policy, local KYC requirements, meeting tax, and regulatory norms.
The role requires KYC policy knowledge for Local Singapore and Hong Kong regulations, good knowledge of client onboarding documents including Reg and Tax docs.
Candidate needs to have strong KYC domain knowledge, ability to check and validate KYC documents, strong maker and checker control mind frame.
This is a team manager role requiring to manage 3 onshore analyst and also offshore teams.
Ability to push back on incomplete or missing KYC docs with business and internal stakeholders.
Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with internal compliance (AFC) and client outreach teams
Fungible resource to be able to cover New client adoption and periodic review and able to switch between Maker and Checker roles
Part of role requires performing client due diligence, fronting the KYC control teams and liaising with all levels of management across customers for CIB (GTB, CF, GM) business lines, Compliance, and other support areas to ensure and efficient, flexible and accurate process for on boarding and Periodic review clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the inflow of request and prioritize KYC Client onboarding and Periodic reviews
- Ensure business and client is provided with the KYC, Tax, and regulatory requirements for all onboarding and periodic review request
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept informed of the progress, challenges, and escalating issues where appropriate. Interact with Front Office and External Clients as appropriate and be hands on. Take end to end ownership and coordinate with various teams to get the task done (Credit, Compliance, Legal etc)
- Follow up on any delays and deficiency on KYC docs
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore teams
- Liaise with Compliance/Business/External counterparts
- Perform quality checks to ensure that defined guideline is adhered
- Work as the process owner and ensure end-to-end management of all activities associate
- Ensure adherence to standards, procedures and also identify risk mitigates and is fully aware of Operational Risk management
- Participates in regular operational performance reviews and monthly self-assessment
- Should be commercially minded and ensure that information available with the bank or publicly available are sourced and leveraged
- Remain updated with Regulation and Industry Knowledge
- Break the silos within COB and with other departments to ensure efficient and speedy completion of tasks. Reduce complexity of the tasks.
- Support in preparing of MIS required for management decision making
- All overdue and ageing request are followed and placed for closure or hold to ensure the pipeline effective management
- Should be adept in spotting trends (in data points) and analyze the same for further action
- Must be able to multi task effectively
Experience and skills:
- Graduates with good academic record
- Solid experience in the Banking/Finance industry
- Effective communication skills – to be able to manage relationships with clients virtually
- Relevant KYC background with experience working in Client Onboarding team. Has worked as maker or Checker and experience on dealing with clients and internal Sales teams
- Experience working in a highly-matrixes environment, and accustomed to bridging the gap between disparate organizations and cultures.
- Good knowledge of regulatory trends and developments
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands.
- General knowledge of Business Banking product set.
- Able to cope well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Should be hands on and should keep himself updated on regulatory changes
- Eye for detail and willingness to question current state practices
- Independent, self-motivated and a team player.
- Ability to use sound judgment to determine due diligence quality and if meets regulatory standards.
- Ability to apply regulatory guidance to review process in absence of written policy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and follow-up skills; ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to partner with internal partners and leverage internal resources
- Exceptional organizational, planning and management skills
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users .
- Strong capacity to assimilate other stakeholders perspectives and fast learning abilities
- Pro-active and business orientation with proven ability to priorities and manage conflicting demands
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.