As part of the rapid growth within a fundamental L/S equity hedge fund in the region, we are pleased to partner with them in the search for a Compliance Manager. The role is based in Singapore.
- Functioning as an independent and objective body that manages and oversees all compliance, regulatory and risk of the local office
- Maintain effective and proportionate compliance monitoring tools, procedures and guidelines for monitoring activity
- Keep abreast of global regulatory and legislative changes, and develop and operationally implement any new procedures, systems and control
- Following up on compliance issues that require investigation
- Evaluating compliance systems and ensure adequate controls are in place
- Dealing and being the point of contact for the regulators
- Reviewing out outsourcing arrangements and developed a checklist in place to meet MAS outsourcing requirements
- Taking on responsibility in all aspects of KYC due diligence and AML. Liaise with Fund Administrators on funds’ investors on-boarding – KYC documentation review, assessment and completion of compliance checklists
- Ad-hoc project work and support to the firm as required
- About 4-8 years of relevant experience, preferably in Asset/Fund management
- Degree in Law would be a plus
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment in the financial industry
- Preferable hold, or be eligible to hold, a relevant practicing certificate in Singapore
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Independent, pro-active, business-oriented and the ability to work in a fast pace environment
Please click "Apply" now to submit your latest CV and we will be in touch with the full job description if your profile is suitable.
Agency Licence No: 09C5764 / Staff Registration No: R1655301
Principle Partners is an Asian specialist in buy-side executive search with a focus on Asset Management, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Hedge Funds, Technology Companies, and Wealth Management.
The firm is headquartered in Singapore and covers the Asia Pacific region.
Client profiles for asset management include international, regional and boutique fund houses and sovereign wealth funds. For private equity, we serve global, pan-Asian, regional and country-specific funds looking to deploy capital in Asia, with strategies including buy-outs, control investments, growth equity, and early stage investments.
Our hedge fund clients range from start-ups to the largest international funds, with strategies including equity long-short, event-driven, convertible bond arbitrage, Asian/global macro, distressed debt/special situations and high-frequency trading.
We have a strong track record for senior positions placements at the world’s largest asset managers, sovereign wealth funds, private equity, hedge funds, and family offices. We also cover middle and back office roles such as legal, compliance and risk management to support the core front-office investing roles.