BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
Member of the APAC WM AML Surveillance Team that is part of APAC WM Financial Security, with the primary responsibility of managing/investigating 1) automated TM alerts escalated from L1 and/or 2) Unusual Activity Reporting / External Trigger events. Key Responsibilities Dedicated responsibilities: Identification and Management of Compliance Risks
-Identifying and managing ML/FT risks by ensuring timely escalation to Compliance Management for overdue alerts, alert backlogs and alerts identified with ML/FT risks and implementing monitoring measures where required. Timeliness of (alert) review
-Ensure all alerts and escalations are reviewed in a timely manner, according to the review timelines stipulated in the relevant policies and procedures
-Ensure timely escalation of overdue alerts and suspicious transactions Quality of alert review and comprehensiveness of closure comments
-Ensure the law and spirit of the relevant policies and procedures are observed
-Ensure review and alert closures are conducted in line with the guidelines provided under the L2 SOP
-Keep second level control findings for the individual, to no more than 20% of the sampled cases for the FY (excluding auxiliary findings)
-Timely remediation of second level control findings Transaction Advisory, MIS Reporting and other support
-Provide transactional advisory to Front Office
-Review L2 Sanction-related client name screening alerts
-Provide support in maintaining statistics for AML-related reporting (e.g. Net Reveal and Fircosoft) to both internal and external parties.
-Participate in the periodic review of scenarios and thresholds, in particular the calibration and testing, in liaison with IT support and Head Office.
-Provide support on projects pursuant to management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities
-Maintain accuracy in all AML-related reporting (including TM statistics) and discharge the above duties in a responsible manner. Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Experience in and strong understanding of AML, Sanctions, governance and regulatory control frameworks and best practices.
• Have a good knowledge of Policies, Procedures and Standards relating to Financial Crime Compliance, as well as knowledge of the local regulations and legislation on AML/CTF (e.g. MAS626 and HKMA Guideline on AML&CFT) and sanctions.
• Must have ability to act decisively and independently in situations requiring quick analysis and decision making.
• Strong written and communication skills.
• Able to articulate issues clearly and confidently, as well as solutions-oriented.
• Have to be comfortable in engaging senior management.
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to prioritize, with a strong sense of urgency.
• Good awareness of risks and controls: able to address conflicts and escalate risks/issues where appropriate.
• Strong client focus and able to work in partnership with various stakeholders to navigate complex and challenging cases/issues. Specific Qualifications Required
• A recognized degree in Banking/Finance/Accountancy or related qualifications.
• At least 3 years of experience in compliance, preferably for Wealth Management,
• Relevant experience in AML Transaction Monitoring will be preferred.