BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
• Direct contribution to the Bank's operational permanent control framework. Key Responsibilities
A. L2 AML alerts management:
• Undertake investigation and assessment of alerts escalated by the ATOM Hub to the L2 Hub in APAC through the CIB automated tools (excluding BP2S) for ML/TF risks in accordance with group policies and regulatory requirements and report/escalate any potential suspicious activity and/or material risk to the relevant local L3 / Head of Financial Security and KYC Compliance in APAC;
• Assist with AML/CTF CIB (excl. BP2S) tools management (incl. deployment and decommission of tools) on behalf of APAC territories included in the L2 Hub as well as ongoing maintenance, e.g. fine tuning of CIB (excl. BP2S) automated AML monitoring tools (Actimize, Quantexa etc.) in APAC;
• Prepare, provide support and coordinate all required reports, updates and dashboard;
• Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements, especially on identification and reporting of suspicious activities and/or transactions for the Bank.
• Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
B. Complex AML/CTF advisory, payment transparency & external corruption
• Identify and investigate potential suspicious activity and transaction escalated by (i) the B2 team as part of the SHINE process and (ii) UARs on behalf of the APAC territories included into the APAC L2 Hub and escalate any material risk with relevant information to the relevant local Head of Financial Security and KYC Compliance in APAC;
• Provide advisory support to senior/regional management, Territory Compliance teams, businesses and functions in the APAC region on complex AML/CTF matters and payment transparency related issues
• Provide advisory support on AML/CTF aspects on complex TAC/NAC;
• Conduct review, analysis and provide an opinion supported with sound transaction due diligence analysis to local MLROs in HK and SG on third party payments;
• Act as main point of contact to other BNPP internal investigation teams (eg. ISAR Team, US investigation team etc.) to perform investigations (eg look back) for the APAC region on behalf of the APAC territories included into the APAC L2 Hub and inform appropriate personnel (e.g. local MLROs) where further investigation and report filings may be necessary;
• Provide advisory and support on external anti bribery corruption topics matters in the APAC region;
• Coordinate and participate in ad hoc projects, risk assessment and audit / regulatory inspections.
• Generally provide support to the APAC Head of AML Adv., NAP & Corporate Coverage Compliance. Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• University graduate with relevant professional qualifications;
• Good knowledge on key corporate and investment banking products such as cash management debt capital market, trade finance and structured finance transactions;
• Excellent knowledge of the evolving international AML/CFT standard (FATF, EU directives) and key developments as well as of the main AML laws and regulations in APAC (HK & SG at least);
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Robust analytical and risk management mindset;
• Exercise critical-thinking with ability to make strategic decisions based on sound judgement;
• Ability to work independently in a challenging and fast changing environment;
• Agility and ability to change and goal-oriented;
• Asian language capability.