BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
Direct contribution to the Bank's operational permanent control framework. Responsibilities Direct Responsibilities
• Provide general advisory to the business lines and functions on Financial Security / KYC issues, standards and policies.
• Contribute to the enhancement of the Financial Security framework.
• Review, coordinate and provide advice, analysis and approvals for KYC files escalated to Compliance.
• Update and implement KYC / AML / CFT/Sanctions procedures in line with local regulatory and Head Office requirements.
• Advise and provide guidance to the Business and Due diligence Team on KYC / AML requirements and related issues.
• Keep updated on group policies and development in KYC, AML/CFT, sanctions, embargoes and related AML laws and regulations and ensure that local policies and procedures are correspondingly kept updated.
• Participate in KYC/AML/CFT/Sanctions related projects as required, including but not limited to implementation of new/enhanced systems and tools.
• Prepare training materials and provide training on KYC/AML/CFT/Sanctions procedures
• Prepare, provide support and coordinate all reports, updates and dashboard (including but not limited to those required for submission to Regional office and/or Head Office)
• Provide support and coordination on the KYC /AML / CFT / Sanctions control framework, review and processes and propose streamlining solutions for better efficiency and workflow Contributing Responsibilities
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned by Head of Financial Security/KYC
• Generally provide support to the Head of Financial Security/KYC Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Must have relevant experience in AML/CFT/KYC in financial institution with particular focus on corporate & investment banking activities
• A good understanding of corporate & investment banking activities including but not limited to structured finance, commodity trade finance, cash management, correspondent banking, global markets, shipping, aviation and project finance businesses
• Good general knowledge of the international AML standards and principles, with strong familiarity with local AML regulations (MAS Notice 626 and related guidelines).
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• An ability to think critically and to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
• Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature.
• Ideally be flexible and have a hands-on in work style, with the ability to work independently to carry out projects.
• Possess extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation.
• Ideally be familiar with use of KYC screening tools.
• Proactive and alert to AML / CFT/ sanctions risks.
• Analytical mindset and with an eye for accurate details. Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent
• Relevant industry certification in AML/CFT and Sanctions (e.g. ACAMS or ICA)
• Have relevant experience in leading a team