Compliance, Private Wealth Management (PWM) Compliance, Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. YOUR IMPACT
As an integral part of the Singapore Private Wealth Management (PWM) Compliance team and the broader Asia PWM Compliance team, you will work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment with Private Wealth Management professionals, global PWM Compliance counterparty, other Compliance team members and other Goldman Sachs departments, including Legal and Internal Audit, Operations, Technology and Human Capital Management to address an array of business, legal and regulatory matters encountered by the Private Wealth Management business across the Asia region, in addition to driving forward strategic business initiatives and projects. OUR IMPACT
As a member of the Singapore PWM Compliance team in Singapore, you will be working closely and providing on-going advice to the PWM business and PWM Management; assist them in analyzing compliance issues applicable to the business, reviewing business opportunities from a compliance perspective and addressing regulatory inquiries and handling client issues, and help drive forward strategic business initiatives and projects. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Provide advice in real time to the Private Wealth Management business on compliance, regulatory, policy and reputational issues, as well as on new business initiatives and significant business changes affecting PWM, including on product suitability, client background and suitability assessment and risk profile evaluations
- Refine compliance program, controls and surveillance tools which enables compliance to conduct in depth reviews
- Work with Legal and other Compliance functions on regulatory inquiries and client issues
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for PWM. Drive completion of updates and the creation of new policies in response to regulatory drivers, external factors and business changes while working closely with Legal and business personnel. Develop, implement and provide training on relevant policies and procedures in compliance with relevant regulations and firm policies/initiatives to the PWM business.
- Test and monitor controls, surveillances and procedures to assess effectiveness in ensuring adherence to laws, regulations and firm policies and procedures.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- University degree holder/relevant professional or industry qualification.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience; preferably in compliance/control function. Regulatory/auditing background will also be considered
- Good understanding of the regulatory framework for the private client business and products
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment and manage execution under pressure
- Experience in surveillance, operational flow of products and system knowledge is an advantage
- Energetic, attentive to detail and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting, prioritize projects to meet tight deadlines. Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and write Chinese is preferable
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.