See job description for details
Data Engineer (Database Administrator)
The Data Engineer (Database Administrator) is responsible to perform database Administration activities such as database setup, defining/maintaining database objects, backup and recovery. He/She is also heavily involved in database design and review, application SQL tuning and maintaining documentation meeting customer's expectation. As the experience in this position grows, there will be opportunities to expand to database consultancies areas such as performance tuning, data governance and data policies.
Key Responsibilities :
- Understand the basic concepts of database management
- Understand and follow user work processes
- Understand the requirements from the application team for defining objects
- Perform simple database tasks such as defining objects, conduct backup and recovery.
- Perform SQL tuning and provide suggestions to application teams
- Maintain documentation related to database environment
- Work with application team and setup database environment based on customer policy and application requirements
- Trouble-shoot technical problems faced by the project team
- Assist and respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Adhere to strict security practices for compliance
- Manage customer expectation in terms of schedule
- Recommend changes to existing procedures and policies
- Writing scripts/programs for service monitoring and health check of all systems
- Day-to-day monitoring, backup, deployment and maintenance of all databases
- Depending on project requirement, there is a need to support 24x7 requirement. DBA is expected to come back to office and work.
The successful candidate shouls possess:
- Minimum 3 years in software development industry or server infrastructure Project
- Application development experience with relational databases such as SQL server Databases.
- Should have participated in development projects. Participated in data modelling and review meeting.
- Hands on experience in trouble-shoot technical problems faced by the project team.
- Certification in SQL server or other database technologies is value add.
- Experience in setting DB replication and Replication management environment is value add.
- Involved Application performance Tuning and database Performance management is value add.
- Experience with Cloud DB Administration is a plus
- Additionally, working knowledge of NOSQL DB such as Mongo, MariaDB, MySQL is value add.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.