Data Analyst, Data Innovation (Analyst/ Associate)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Data Analyst (Analyst/ Associate)
in our Data Innovation
Bank of Singapore has defined an ambitious roadmap for accelerating its data strategy through 1) the implementation of a Data Analytics Platform for the bank 2) the implementation of a Hub and Spoke organization for analytics with the Data Hub, as a center of excellence, supporting the business spokes of each department 3) a strong while agile data governance ensuring data quality, privacy and ethical use of data. General Description
The Data Analyst will report to the head of Data Science and Analytics, and located within the Data Hub organization, the central data office of Bank of Singapore, the senior data analyst is responsible to conducts the conversion of data into insights that will lead to informed business decisions. He works directly with stakeholders from the business and executives within the assigned departments.
Along with the Analysts located within the business, the data analysts will support the analysts from the business is moving away from VBA to SQL and python to implement a culture of self-service of data and analytics with the bank. His/her strong knowledge in SQL/python and modern analytics and machine learning techniques will support the bank in accelerating its use of data for business decision. Primary Responsibilities:
Qualifications Job Requirements
- Analyse customer, transactional and external data to develop insights on user behaviours and/or risks
- Leverage on data analytics knowledge & experience to facilitate FO to uncover the business pattern.
- Expect incumbent to provide FO and business support on Python and Power BI, as business is embarking on self-service journey for business intelligence and analytics.
- Develop and communicate insights and recommended actions to stakeholders to reduce risk or improve business productivity
- Conduct data investigations and analysis on trends and insights that have been identified by stakeholders
- Explore business issues/opportunities, uncover insights and/or identify targeted areas for mitigating risk and increasing bank's profitability.
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on analyst
- Passionate about solving problems - possesses a relentless need for investigation and data exploration
- A driven self-starter who is delivery focused and possesses strong communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Robust stakeholder management skills and good interpersonal skills. Ability to work confidently and collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders of varying seniority.
- Strong foundation in data query/manipulation of large-scale data using SQL and data visualisation experience using tools such as Power BI
- Working experience of any of the data analysis tools such as Python or R and ability to learn more advanced data analysis methods
- Experience with application of experimentation and statistical techniques (such as hypothesis testing, probability distributions, regression, decision trees, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communicator to both technical and business audiences
- Ability to make sound judgement calls independently when presented with difficult decisions, especially when only partial information is available
- Results and detail-oriented, with strong intuitions on how to solve problems creatively and quickly
- A degree in Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Information Technology, Data Sciences, Math or related fields.
- Experience in Power BI is a plus