Data Architect, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. This role will require creating and delivering architecture for AI based solutions/systems that enable Real time streaming, support Machine Learning Engineering (MLE), operationalize AI models, model & oversight systems that will include a complex, hybrid deployment, including both private and public cloud (AWS). Responsibilities
- Define and own end to end architecture for Big Data Analytics Solutions for Consumer Banking Group. Drive our data analytics and ML application architecture.
- Engage with business analysts, marketing, operations teams in Consumer Banking Group to understand their needs and create big data analytics solutions that meet the business needs
- Work closely with Big Data Engineering and Data Science team to implement, troubleshoot, and optimise distributed applications based on modern big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. in both an on premise and cloud deployment model to solve large scale processing problems.
- Lead the transformation of a peta-byte scale batch-based processing platform to a near real-time
- Streaming platform using technologies such as Kafka and Spark.
- Well versed with Data Sciences, Machine learning and Deep Learning based solutions and frameworks. Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs infusing key analytics and ML technologies where appropriate
- Provide expert level support to data scientists, data engineers, and operations to deliver high quality analytics, machine learning data pipelines, APIs and end to end solutions.
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
- Develop deep relationships with key business stakeholders and decision makers to drive cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements
- In-depth industry and academic knowledge with minimum 10 years proven experience in process analysis and design, preferably in financial services/banking related to Big Data and Analytic
- Minimum 7 years' hands on experience using modelling tools for process and end-to-end solution design. Data Management knowledge and experience required in the following skills:
- Java 8 or higher, Spring Boot 2 and related libraries
- Spring Data for SQL and NoSQL databases, Spring Security and OAuth 2.0
- NoSQL libraries and caching (Aerospike, Redis etc.)
- Test-driven Development and Behaviour-driven Development
- REST API design, implementation, microservices architectures and patterns
- CI / CD (Jenkins preferred) and MLE experience
- Team leadership experience, including distributed, multi-country teams
- Code reviews and code quality enforcement techniques / tools
- Experience in PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and OpenShift preferred
- Experience in AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, Cloud Foundry, SQS, SNS) preferred
- Experience in Business rule engines (Drools preferred)
- Experience in Frontend development (React.JS preferable)
- Avro and Schema Registry
- Open API 3 / Swagger
- Strong understanding of Distributed systems.
- Knowledge and experience on how data and application are integrated with business processes, policies and regulations
- Highly organized and structured thinking and ability to understand and synthesize unstructured information.
- Proven ability and experience in data transformation tool training, internal awareness and cross team engagements.
- Desired experience on Big Data or similar Data Warehouse tool.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical thinking and ability to understand and synthesize unstructured information
- Strong team player with management skills