The Operations & Delivery Team is made up of 7 SMEs covering DBA, Middleware, Network, Systems, Deployment, Platform Security & Storage. We are responsible for the 24 x 7 operations in the APAC region for major regional and global banks. The team is currently responsible for the operations in 4 Singapore located Data Centre's. Your mission
What you need
- Create and maintain all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage on different Unix and Linux platforms
- Perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Perform ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install & evaluate new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Control migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implement and enforce security for all Oracle Databases.
- Perform database re-organisations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Put standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluate releases of Oracle and its tools, and third-party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Provide technical support to application development teams.
- Enforce and maintain database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administer all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoot with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Ensure all relevant support documentation is up to date and ready for review and audit.
You will get extra points for the following
- Extensive Oracle DBA background
- Experience in implementing and operating Oracle databases in Unix systems (AIX, Solaris, Linux)
- Good knowledge of shell script programming
- Java Application administration