DevOps Full stack Developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Devops Engineering group is modernizing SCB's DevOps capability with a focus on efficiency, automation, and improved transparency. The new central DevOps pipeline is running from requirement, through source control, to automated build and packaging, to automated provisioning of cloud-based environments, to automated deploy, and test execution. This inhouse developed platform is a challenging project that will have significant research, development, integration, and operations components. The platform currently runs at a large scale and is being used by over a 1000 engineering teams. We use Kafka, GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, ELK and custom microservices at scale.
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Full stack Developer. They will be experienced engineers who have configured, deployed, and supported the components of a typical DevOps pipeline. They will be mature individuals who are comfortable working in an agile environment with critical peer review of design and code. They will have experience in working closely with the architects to come up with the best solutions and systems.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work as core DevOps platform Engineering team to build solutions running at scale
- Manage the Devops tool stack deployed on Kubernetes
- Maintain team-specific hybrid infrastructure (AWS/on-prem)
- Debugging for systems and networking problems in the Devops Platform
- 10+ yrs of work experience Full Software Development Lifecycle experience in a mature Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment, probably as a developer
- Strong DevOps toolchain experience: docker, kubernetes, ELK, JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Configuration and deployment tools experience - Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, or Puppet
- Strong development and scripting skills - Python, Golang, Java, Node, or similar
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .