Director, Outsourcing Compliance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Support Head of the Compliance, Data, Technology, and Outsourcing Advisory team, in managing Outsourcing Compliance Team, setting and implementing strategy on prioritisation of Team/Department workload and escalating where appropriate.
- Partner with Risk/Policy Owners to ensure Outsourcing (including intra-group arrangements) policies/ procedures/ framework incorporate adequate controls and/ or standards to comply with Outsourcing regulatory requirements.
- Act as the Outsourcing subject matter expert (SME) within Group Compliance to:
- Be the go-to function and provide thought leadership with regard to Outsourcing;
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g., Retail/ CIB/ Functions Compliance, Privacy) within Group Compliance to develop strategies or approaches to address Outsourcing concerns
- Partner with Global Head, Regulatory Liaison to support Outsourcing related questions from the Bank's lead regulator (PRA/ FCA);
- Formulate plan to facilitate any necessary oversight of Outsourcing by Compliance MT;
- Partner with DTOO Compliance to develop/ maintain a knowledge base of Outsourcing-specific regulations; and
- Work with Technology & Operations Compliance functions to address outsourcing considerations as part of program advisory.
- Support and advise Group Businesses/ Functions (e.g., process owners, engagement owners) on regulatory considerations for Outsourcing.
- Partner with Regional/ Country Compliance teams and be the single point of contract (SPOC) for regulatory Outsourcing related matters. This includes areas such as:
- Coordinating or sharing communications on local regulatory changes on Outsourcing;
- Providing strategic steer from Group's perspective on country's approach to manage changes in local Outsourcing regulations;
- Obtaining relevant countries' clearances for Group-led initiatives/ programs.
- Partner with Global Shared Service Centres' (GSSCs) Compliance teams to ensure the Bank's compliance with Outsourcing regulatory requirements.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes/ updates through participation in industry forums, seminars, etc.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group Compliance Teams (e.g., Retail/ CIB/ Functions Compliance, Privacy, etc)
- Regional/Country Compliance Teams
- Regulatory Reform Compliance Team
- Other Group Functions (e.g., ITO, Group Information Security, Operational Risks, etc)
- GSSCs Legal and Compliance Teams
- Risk/ Policy Owner (i.e., Business Efficiency/ Supply Chain Management)
- Compliance knowledge required, and at least 10 years of relevant risk management experience
- Understanding of Outsourcing regulatory landscape and requirements across regions such as ASEAN, Europe, Americas, Greater China, Africa and Middle East.
- Prior experience in a financial regulatory authority would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and practical experience in areas such as technology risk management, information security.
- A methodical and meticulous individual with the ability to multi-task and lead a function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.