ESG, Outreach & Engagement, APAC
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities
The position will be the APAC representative for the ESG Solutions team, with primary oversight for all ESG outreach and engagements in APAC.
A particular focus will be the co-ordination of an in-person outreach and engagement approach with leading policy makers, and market participants to maximise the impact for Moody's Corporation's ESG positioning in APAC, and globally.
ESG, climate risk and sustainable finance are a highly important areas of focus for Moody's Corporation. This is a high-profile opportunity to be part of a global ESG Solutions team working to rapidly identify, analyse and influence market-leading, innovative solutions for ESG.
- Support and drive the planning, execution and coordination of ESG market-facing outreach and engagement in APAC to issuers, investors, standard setters, influencers and other market participants interested in understanding Moody's ESG services
- Support global outreach to regulators, policymakers and other key influential external parties
- Support ESG content and research strategy, taking responsibility for coordinating, writing and publishing a variety of cross sector ESG reports
- Coordinate with other business groups to ensure an aligned and coordinated ESG research and outreach approach across Moody's and the affiliates Vigeo Eiris and 427
- Work with colleagues in Moody's Investors Services, Moody's Analytics, Vigeo Eiris and 427 in support of Moody's broader engagement with influential external organisations such as the TCFD, PRI and relevant investor coalition groups
- Present at conferences, investor and internal senior management meetings
- Attend internal discussions, including ESG working group meetings, to further the development of Moody's ESG capabilities
- Develop and maintain an understanding of key ESG issues and highlight the implications for Moody's
- Responsible for developing an ESG / APAC policy education program for Moody's Corporation in collaboration with internal stakeholders, e.g. at MIS
The role requires a highly motivated individual with direct knowledge of ESG, SDG and climate risk issues, the way in which such factors influence risk assessment and a demonstrated track record in coordinating the delivery of high-quality outreach and engagement in APAC. Understanding, and interest in, broader ESG and sustainability issues, and their application in the investment decision-making process, would be an advantage for the position.
- Analytical and technical skills in ESG and / or sustainable finance developed at a bank, development institution, management consultancy or rating agency
- Understanding of current trends in ESG and sustainable investing
- Track record of developing relationships with external organisations influential in the ESG and climate area would be advantageous
- 6+ years' experience with the application of third party ESG, credit or other risk research and data would be advantageous
- Previous experience in ESG policy and engagement work would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with credit / equity analysts or portfolio managers
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, and comfortable presenting to large and experienced audiences
- Strong collaboration skills, a track record of working successfully with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree required and graduate/second level degree (Masters, MBA) preferred
- Articulate and effective communicator in both writing and presentation
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint; advanced knowledge of MS Excel a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.