Wells Fargo are seeking an Employee Relations Consultant to join the team and make an immediate impact. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About the Role
This role can be based in Hong Kong or Singapore covering the Asia Pacific Region. The Employee Relations Consultant will provide advice to HR partners and the line of business (LOB) heads in ER-related matters. They will be part of the International ER team and also part of the One HR model within the APAC Region reporting to the International Employee Relations Leader, and the APAC Head of Human Resources. The responsibilities will cover the following core areas:
Case Management / Change management
- Investigates cases from a number of sources including HR Consulting team referrals, team member grievances, EthicsLine, Compliance and Risk teams and Internal Investigations.
- Manages the resolution of these cases including discussing the outcomes of cases with the LOB Heads and proposes measures to prevent occurrence of a similar incident in the future.
- Provides advice to HR Consulting team on a broad spectrum of employee relations matters relating to conflict, conduct and performance.
- Assists to manage matters of reorganization and restructuring; and provide advice on change management processes.
Policy Management / Engagement
- Recommends changes to existing policies and guidelines based on the latest ER trends and developments within the industry, relevant laws, and latest jurisprudence.
- Assists in reviewing relevant policies and guidelines affecting global and local laws and practices.
Enterprise Allegations Platform (EAP) and Record keeping
- Maintain the EAP system as per agreed policies, processes and timelines.
- Maintain relevant records for ER cases and re-organization to ensure records are up to date and audit-ready.
Learning and Education
- Assists in designing and delivering learning sessions on ER-related topics such as employment laws, policies and guidelines on corrective action, handling disciplinary cases, etc. in accordance with the Wells Fargo culture and values.
- Provide expertise on team-member engagement process and employee communications as required
- Advise on change management projects, acquisitions and divestments
- Provide consulting service on managing disciplinary and under-performance cases, culture-related issues, work with regulators or union where needed
- Partner with internal stakeholders in designing Employee Relations initiatives and responses
- Conduct Employee Relations assessments for various markets and jurisdictions
- Analyze external political environment as part of Employee Relations risk assessment
- Participate and provide advice on wider projects including Diversity initiatives, team-member social engagement
Market Skills and Certifications
The applicant needs to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent course
- 5 to 10 years of HR experience, with significant time spent dealing with ER related issues.
- Experience in handling performance and misconduct cases from end to end; including experience in handling involuntary terminations.
- Experience in managing redundancies and re-organizations is preferable.
- Sound knowledge of at least one jurisdiction's Labor laws and its application in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct investigations to establish relevant facts.
- Provide sound judgement and advice to HR team and relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the upmost discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to navigate in a complex multi-team environment where collaboration, partnership and teamwork are essential.
- A role model to operate in accordance within Wells Fargo values, goals and vision.
- Fluent in English is a must; fluent in an Asian language preferred.
- Experience in working with unions or staff representatives a plus but not essential.
- Experience in working in financial services or heavily regulated environment desirable.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.