Executive Director, Head of Enterprise Data Delivery & Monetization, Data Management Office
Posting Date: 05-Oct-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics
function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group. Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators. Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science. Job Responsibilities
Leading teams of data partners and power users partnering with assigned business/support Units in Singapore and in countries to provide deep expertise, advisory and operationalization of AI and ML needs to drive measurable revenue increases or productivity improvements.
- Drive and lead new capabilities in the area of Data, AI and ML across the UOB group of segments and functions.
- Own and work with GTO to develop data architecture and operating model
- Responsible to partner and keep the BUs/SUs informed of the Bank's data strategy and direction, and drive data related transformation change
- Present and Pitch at relevant Board level and Executive Steering Committees and external stakeholders that include regulators and media.
We are looking for a high energy business outcome focused individual who has the end to end experience and knowledge in the lifecycle of Data and Analytics in a large organization, preferably in financial services. You would have execution and operationalization experience along the data value chain including foundational Data Architecture, Governance, Business Intelligence and Analytics for the realization of business value through having these components work as one to deliver value and superior customer experience.
The job requires strong stakeholder internal and external engagement with senior levels and decision makers. This role will span across the group including countries.
The role will be required to build and have strong relationship and influence with Internal Business, GTO and Vendors to deliver business outcomes. Will be a trusted advisor to business segments and units.
Some Key success indicators for this role are:
Be a part of UOB Family
- successful setup, govern and implementation of Data Monetization Programs that roll out of new data and analytics products to generate revenue and of productivity cost saving with business units and overseas subsidiaries
- Measurable revenue increase or cost efficiencies outcomes linked to data solutions and programs
- Measurable use of Data and Analytics to reduce and manage risk and compliance
- Innovation deployments under CDO guidance and directives including industry development
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.