Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), Risk & Policy Group, Analyst/Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Global Compliance prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
The Risk and Policy Group oversees broad-based Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") initiatives and serves in an advisory capacity to other groups within Financial Crime Compliance. Among other responsibilities, the Risk and Policy Group is tasked with performing global financial crime risk assessments, policy and procedure development and management; managing and coordinating AML and other FCC regulatory audits and inquiries; working with divisional compliance and other stakeholders to monitor the firm's portfolio companies; preparing management reporting metrics and monitoring relevant regulatory updates. The ideal candidate would have strong organizational and coordination skills, and the ability to collaborate with others. Prior anti-money laundering ("AML") or compliance experience is not essential, but would be a bonus. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Principal Responsibilities:
- Policies and Procedures: Assist in tracking and developing policies and procedures across FCC and the region. Work closely with various stakeholders within and outside of FCC to ensure that FCC policies and procedures are accurate and up-to-date.
- Regulatory Matters: Help manage FCC's responses to information requests from regulators and keeping appraised of latest regulatory developments as it relates to FCC.
- Risk Assessments: Work with various members in Operations, Technology and Business to complete quantitative and qualitative financial crime risk assessments.
- New Business Activities Review: Support various stakeholders in FCC to assess any proposed new business activities from an FCC perspective.
- Affiliates Monitoring: Assess impact of financial crime risks on firm investments and documentation of the mitigation of any such risks.
- Coordinate meetings, data gathering, and responses related to regulatory examinations
- Assist with the organization and retention of documentation associated with the above.
- Interact with team members across the globe and promote collaboration and communication across the team.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workflows and ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Quick learner who adapts well to a fluid regulatory and business environment
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Prior compliance, working knowledge of AML or FCC matters, paralegal, or other equivalent experience is not required, but would be a plus
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.