First VP/VP, Head of Department, Operation Efficiency and Training, Group Technology & Operations
Posting Date: 02-Sep-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
• Oversees and manages Call Centre's recruitment, hiring, training and skills development. Involved in management report on manpower resources
• Responsible for the development and implementation of training programs, strategies and initiatives to ensure optimum skilling of staff to enhance productivity and quality of Contact Centre
• Partners with other department or divisions in developing an integrated servicing operation in Call Centre related activities
• Works with stakeholders in bank-wide projects involving the support and/or enhancements to Call Centre training as well as improvements and transformation strategies
• Oversees Day-2 Review operations
• Strategise Division resources and Training plans to meet operational needs, and special initiatives or projects that contributes to the Call Centre's overall performance
• Play a key role influencing Call Centre policies and procedures related to Talent Development, Knowledge Management Engagement.
• Drives people development & staff engagement initiatives through working closely with respective department heads to plan and strategize team development activities to enhance the effectiveness of teamwork.
• Recommends and implements appropriate staff welfare activities based on business needs and applicable policy requirements.
• Reviews training evaluation survey to ensure programs implemented are beneficial and relevant to various job scopes. Proposes and executes changes based on staff feedback on training.
• Reviews Conducted Focus Group Discussions to understand the learning needs of new and existing staff within the Call Centre.
• Reviews the Design & Development, Delivery, Implementation and Evaluation process of in-house classroom training, continuously creating an optimal learning environment for new hires.
• Design and implement recruitment processes tools/reports for Call Centre recruitment
• Validate and prepare resource tracking reports, execute recruitment and retention strategies to ensure that the Division is staffed to optimum levels in line with business needs.
• Manage and drive organizational design improvements, career progression & succession planning programs for the Division to build leadership bench-strength
• Engage in people management activities which include performance evaluation, staff discipline, addressing inter-department and resolving problems, in accordance to corporate policies and regulations.
• Develops and motivates the staff of Development & Engagement Department. Manages succession plans within the department, coaches and mentors staff to improve their performance and rise to reach their potential.
• Reinforce positive behaviors and improve quality and productivity of staff output through team building, conflict management, effective communication, goal setting, performance development plans and other relevant activities
• Streamline work processes for alignment and improve efficiency
• Participate in work streams enhance service delivery
• Explore way to increase call offload and reduction of staff handling time
• Engage Business and Operational partners to enhance inter department call handling and workflow
• Responsible to update work procedure, training documentation for audit assessment Job Requirements
• A university degree holder and above in any discipline.
• Minimum 7 - 10 years of relevant experience in Training and Contact Centre Management (front line or operations).
• Proven ability as a trainer, case manager and/or identifying and facilitating service improvements/change and innovation within an organization.
• Strong understanding of call centre and/or banking & credit card operations.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and facilitation skills with ability to influence stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and interpersonal skills for interaction and able to educate and influence others of various individuals/departments/outside sources.
• Results-driven and ability to manage stakeholders.
• Superior problem-solving and analytical skills, able to view problems as part of an overall complex system and implement solutions to solve root cause problems.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative skills; detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture and to work effectively at both high and detailed levels Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.