First VP, Business Compliance, Group Wholesale Bank
Posting Date: 30-Oct-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Wholesale Bank
function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be part of the Group Wholesale Banking Business Compliance team and the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Undertake advisory support and provide guidance, training and support to the business units within Group Wholesale Banking and represent Business Compliance on AML projects and working groups
- Proactively identify areas for improvements and assist to implement/enhance procedures, processes, internal controls to strengthen the first line of defence.
- Provide necessary support to the BU and perform quality review of the assessment results including challenging the results where necessary pertaining to the Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment.
- Track enquiries into compliance incidents and complaints, and assist Group Compliance with carrying out further investigations as appropriate
- Lead the monitoring of adherence to the Group AML/CFT/Sanctions policy, guidelines and directives:
- (a) Monitor ML/TF Sanctions audit issues
- (b) Work with stakeholders to address potential issues / gaps identified from the ongoing monitoring process
- Identify and assess money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions risk exposure for new business programs; and advise Business on appropriate mitigating measures where applicable
- Escalate product or process issues that pose ML/TF/Sanctions risk to Group Compliance in accordance with the Group escalation protocols
- Work with Group Compliance on AML/CFT/Sanction matters and initiatives (ie. policies, guidelines, framework, training, annual compliance plans, etc)
- Work with Business Unit partners in Commercial Banking and Corporate & Institutional Banking to address AML/CFT/Sanction issues and streamline the review process to drive business efficiency and participate in AML projects and contribute to these projects
- Experienced in reviewing responses to regulators and communicating to regulators on AML matters.
- Perform independent assurance activities (testing & ongoing monitoring) to assess the effectiveness of key controls designed to address business compliance risk, escalating control issues and management escalation and reporting.
- To identify and work with analytics/data on system initiatives to increase operational efficiencies
- Assist to manage and co-ordinate, internal and external audits including regulatory inspections and to follow up on any issues raised and satisfactorily closed.
- Work with other Business Compliance Officers on AML/CFT-related matters related to the overseas banking subsidiaries and branches
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree or professional qualification in business or banking/financial services related areas
- Has minimum 10 years of relevant work experience preferably in AML/CFT/Sanction compliance function in a financial institution, preferably in a corporate banking/wholesale banking environment
- Excellent research skill including experience with online research tools and databases
- Good knowledge/understanding of banking and financial services laws & regulations, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products & systems
- Ability to work effectively, under pressure, in a rapid changing environment, as well as autonomously and as an effective member of a dynamic team
- A team player, strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Possesses good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work on multiple assignments and project management skills
- Self-driven, meticulous and able to operate expeditiously
- Knowledge in the application of digitalisation, technologies and data analytics would be a clear advantage.
- Having a professional AML-related certification is an advantage
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.