Front Office Conduct Surveillance Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
BNPP Global Markets is seeking to enhance the controls performed at the first line of defense for sales and trading activities in APAC, main responsibility is to perform electronic communications monitoring and trade surveillance.
- Strategy : contribution to the Conduct Surveillance operational strategy in APAC (definition of search areas and criteria in the light of the risk intensity, continuous improvement of tools and processes, optimization of Lexicon and search methods, pattern recognition, …)
- System design & implementation : Working with IT and/or external service provider to:
- define the system specifications and requirements and develop trade surveillance and electronic communications tools
- Test and deploy of relevant controls for APAC FOCS team
- Production :
- Daily monitoring of trades and electronic communications of target front office staff
- Big data collection & processing
- Clean-up of output (excluding obvious false positive alerts)
- Investigation of possible true alerts
- Ensure timely escalation of true alerts to the team manager for further review
- Analytics : production performance metrics and KPIs to (i) continuously improve the surveillance framework and strategy and (ii) produce reports to Senior Management.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Assertive, agile, willing to learn and adapt to different situations
- Have the drive to improve processes and proposed solutions
- Good organization skills and communication skills which is required to clearly articulate any surveillance/monitoring tools enhancement requirements when needed
- Experience in project management
- Knowledgeable in IT infrastructures and data mining processes.
- Ability to manage repetitive tasks which could be tedious
- Understanding of financial markets products (FXLM, G10 Rates, Credit or Equity Derivatives)
- Understanding of Conduct risk and market misconduct concepts
- Knowledge of Bloomberg Vault, Excel macros and trading systems
- Most preferred 5-6 years of experience in the Front Office (Sales/Trading), alternate consideration from those who have experience in middle office product control, or related Audit, Compliance background relating to GM trading activities