Front Office Currencies & Emerging Market Software Engineer Team Lead - Vice President
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will be leading a team for the Currencies and Emerging Markets (CEM) Athena Pricing and desk aligned technology team. The team delivers business critical pricing, trade capture, risk management, transaction processing and trader tools to the CEM business globally. This include in executing project to integrate the business operation, tools or system to the strategic framework or system.
You will need to work with Trading desk, Quantitative Research, Operation, Controller and Technology groups to deliver the technology modernization agenda, improve CEM business workflows and enable the business to capture new frontier emerging market.
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income & credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
We are seeking a technically strong and disciplined hands on Software Engineer. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree with at least 5 years of software engineering experience, preferably within the Financial Services sector
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, bring innovative and new ideas to the table
- Strong hands-on technologist with experience developing in object oriented languages
- Applied development experience in one or more of object oriented languages such as Python, Java, C++, C#
- Build and drive projects. Eagerness to take accountability/ownership of work, have real business impact, collaborate with a global community of developers
- Comfortable multi-tasking with minimal supervision, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate complex issues to non-technical users and to influence change
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams across geographical boundaries to achieve organizational goals
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, resilient
- Good understanding of Foreign exchange, Fixed Income & Derivatives products. Concepts around pricing, risk management and modelling
- Exceptional leadership and staff development skills