Fund Accounting Manager, Investment Operations
Operating within Investment Operations, this primary role of this position is to manage the fund accounting team involved in key reporting and operational work responsibilities that supports the management of insurance funds' assets.
We are looking for a strong, detailed oriented, analytical and hands-on self-starter, who is keen to develop a deep understanding of the business, to work closely with service providers, internal teams and stakeholders in supporting investment portfolio books and records.
- Lead and manage team responsible for supporting Investment books and records
- Perform review and oversight to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting deliverables covering month-end closing, preparation of reports (e.g financial statement statement and notes) posting of journal entries, review regulatory submission, portfolio reporting, reconciliations and related data management.
- Drive team's focus and adherence to controls, compliance with relevant policies and procedures, so as to ensure compliance with financial and regulatory legislation and standards
- Liaise with auditors to complete review requirements, which includes providing relevant information and documents, conduct walkthroughs and address queries
- Liaise with teams (Finance, Investment Front office, Risk and Compliance) and key external parties (custodian and external fund managers, regulatory bodies) to resolve issues, address queries and ensure smooth day to day delivery of the work scope
- Participate in projects and initiatives involving with the investment portfolio, controls, risk management, statutory and regulatory changes impacting BAU processes
- University Degree in the Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in financial industry, of which 3 years are in managerial capacity
- Prior experience in insurance sector and regulatory reporting will be an added advantage
- Strong fund accounting knowledge, skills and reporting experience in various investment asset classes and related processes
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, strong team player who is able to work independently, manage workload well to lead team in meeting deliverables
- Meticulous with eye for details, with hands-on attitude