- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Citibank NA
GF Consumer FCR Region Head APAC
GF Consumer FCR Region Head APAC
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18056500
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Fundamental Credit Risk (FCR) provides independent, objective, reliable, valued, and timely assurance to the Boards of Directors of Citigroup and Citibank, the Risk Management Committees, the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer, the Citigroup Chief Credit Officer, senior management, and regulators over the effectiveness of credit risk management and the ability of the Business and Independent Risk to identify, monitor, and mitigate current and emerging credit risks across Citigroup and Citibank.
Consumer FCR Region Head:
In addition to Region Head responsibilities covering APAC Consumer businesses, the role also supports the Global Consumer Head on Special Projects to enhance the Fundamental Credit Risk (FCR) review processes as well as to support Focus Reviews at the behest of key stakeholders.
As the Consumer Region Head, incumbent is responsible for managing and directing all aspects of the region's assigned Consumer Review Entities, including monitoring and executing reviews in accordance with the FCR Manual.
The Region Head provides direction, leadership, and guidance to the Regional Consumer Credit Review Teams that:
- Monitor and evaluate Consumer portfolios, strategies, and credit risks
- Assess the effectiveness of credit risk controls of assigned businesses
- Propose pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
- Maintain ongoing contact with a Review Entity through Business Monitoring and corrective action follow-up
- Develop and maintain the Fundamental Credit Review Plan document, Sample Rationale Document, etc.
- Responsible for managing the regional Consumer FCR review program that consists of global, regional, or single-country credit reviews related to all or some businesses
- Represent FCR in the Region with Consumer Business and Risk Seniors including participation in key Regional Risk Committees and by being FCR's representative on any regional high-level projects
- Manage and lead the Regional Consumer Credit Review Team
- Coordinate with the Global Consumer Head, the Consumer Product Specialist, and FCR Management as appropriate to address and escalate emerging risk trends
- Ensure that assessments of portfolios, credit risk processes, risk ratings and classifications, staffing models and others as related to Business Monitoring and Reviews are consistent and properly reported to senior management, Citi's Boards of Directors, and Regulators
- Ensure that Corrective Action Plans across the regional FCR review program are appropriate, monitored, duly validated, and concerns resulting from FCR reviews
- Ensure that FCR documents that include Credit Assessment Documents and Review Reports meet quality and consistency standards
- Oversee recruitment, talent development, and building of an effective review team for the Region
- Assist the Global Consumer Head in developing and executing the FCR Review Plan for the region
- Regularly interface with regional senior business and risk managers
- A recognized Subject Matter Expert (SME) on retail credit risk management with broad exposure to regions and products
- Demonstrable financial services experience including 12+ years of credit experience in consumer banking
- Familiarity with FCR processes desirable
- Identifies and assesses alternative as part of decisions-making process
- Experience in consumer credit operations advantageous
- Ability to analyze root causes of problems and anticipate "horizon" issues
- Fully conversant in credit policy matters
- Ability to work at senior levels and build constructive and effective relationships with peers
- Works at senior levels and build constructive and effective relationships with peers
- Recognizes emerging risks, including operational risk
- Regulatory experience or relevant experience in a similar role at another institution is desirable
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Breaks silos and builds partnerships across functions and regions; collaborates well with others.
- Creates and sustains a network of strong relationships.
- Can influence senior executives and key clients - internally or externally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- BA/BSc or higher degree in Business (MBA), Finance or any other related subject
- Senior Credit Officer qualification preferred