Global Accounts Solutions Architect
Do you have a passion for helping customers design large distributed systems? Would you like to do this using the world's most advanced cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping organizations understand application architectures and integration approaches, architecting advanced cloud-based solutions, and launching the build-out of those systems? Are you one of those rare technologists with the consultative leadership skills to help guide major projects to success? Come join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) team as a Principal Solutions Architect in Singapore!
In this senior role, you will focus on a set of global accounts in partnership with the Global Accounts Manager. The aim is to build mind share and broad use of all Amazon's utility computing web services. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, working across teams to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies, as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The right person will possess C-Level customer facing skills that will allow them to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. He/she will have these attributes:
Be fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale cloud computing solutions. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud. You regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises along with technical deep dive drive technical discussions to create world class systems in AWS for your customers.
The right individual will have experience in most of the following areas:
• Speaking and presentation skills - Presentations, white boarding, large and small group speaking (English) and C-Level engagements.
• Technical - Web services development/deployment experience, and IT systems and network engineering experience.
• Operations and Security - Website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security and compliance experience.
• Economic and business - RFP/Acquisition support; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, etc.
• Experience in engaging enterprise class environment and complex architecture designs. Basic Qualifications
• 10+ years of current solutions architecture (consulting/ implementation) experience.
• Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
• Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customer environments is a must. AWS specific experience a bonus.
• Enterprise application and database architecture.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Experience working in a presales consulting role within the enterprise software market or Internet industries servicing MNCs or global enterprises. Preferred Qualifications
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired.
• Working knowledge of software development practices and Internet-related technologies highly desired.
• Experience working in Life Sciences, Oil and Gas, or Industrial Manufacturing or similar field highly desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.