Global Category Lead, Property
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Understand the business and Property functional strategies to enable SCM business alignment so relevant procurement strategies are developed to support those needs.
- Create a Category strategy that includes cost reduction (including needs assessment, demand management etc.), innovation, risk mitigation and sustainability components.
- Explore and leverage strategic supplier partnerships opportunities to further the use of preferred suppliers.
- Develop strong stakeholder engagements at the senior levels to ensure that a vendor strategy is developed for the Property business area.
- Ensure the intrinsic business value of the SCM category management framework is communicated and understood by the business.
- Assist stakeholders in achieving their strategic objectives through careful sourcing of relevant suppliers to fullfill their needs.
- Define opportunities covering the Supply, Demand and Governance aspects of the supply chain and detail the specific actions that will optimise the consumption of the categories products or services
- Create cost efficiencies and support expense line management by directly mapping saves to the GL
People and Talent
- Lead the Global and Regional Category Managers to produce best practises for each category and communicate these globally.
- Ensure stakeholders understand their obligations under the TPRM policy and procedures.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of on going training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Develop skill set of hub based resource to be able to compliment onshore team.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Property Head
- Property Management Team
- Business Efficiency and Finance teams
- Supply Chain Management Leadership Team
- Comprehensive and demonstrable knowledge and direct experience of procurement and associated processes in large multi-national organisations preferably finance
- Strategic context with ability to work collaboratively within the Team and the Bank in formulating strategies involving sourcing and suppliers to deliver business value
- Strategic thinking & decision making at functional, project, relationship and vendor level
- Strong team leadership & development skills to lead a motivated team - with an ability to operate in complex multi-organisation, multi-country and multi-cultural environments
- Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills, at all levels of the organisation and into supplier organisations.
- Self motivated and confident with the enthusiasm and determination to succeed
- Ability to research, document, develop and manage Strategic relationships using both objective and subjective metrics
- A clear commitment to SCB values and the ability to incorporate those into all aspects of corporate life
- Comprehensive knowledge of technology categories and associated market suppliers
- Advanced commercial skills
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Degree qualification
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations
- Professional Memberships: CIPS or similar desirable as well. QS, Project Management highly desireable
- Bank training; Code of Conduct, AB&C, Advanced Banking Product / Services and other mandatory learning
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .