Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world's most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
This role will be a key member of the AWX Controllership team. As Group Finance Manager you will have a project based role mainly focused on 1) Optimize Reporting Processes 2) Implementing the financial side of new products 3) Design control frameworks 4) Document accounting standards, basically everything that will help Airwallex's controllership function to grow and mature to the next level! This role will closely work with regional controllership teams, FP&A, Treasury and business stakeholders.
- Drive a wide range of projects for the Controllership team within Airwallex, these projects may include ERP replacement, understanding the impact of FX hedging strategies, documentation of processes or accounting policies, building compliance dashboards, etc..
- Continuously drive improvements in 1) harmonizing and increasing efficiencies of global closing processes 2) Increasing financial control over numbers reported.
- Collaborate with regional finance teams on critical accounting matters towards regulators or auditors.
- Closely collaborate with product teams that require finance support on new product developments
- Close collaboration with other finance teams on department wide projects and change management
- Responsibilities of the role may develop over time.
What you bring:
- 8+ years of finance experience, Big Four experience is advantageous
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field, CPA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Strong understanding of financial services, fintech businesses and regulatory environments
- Strong knowledge on US GAAP and SOx standards
- Proven experiencing in managing complex, local or international projects focused on process improvement initiatives
- Strong communicator and ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Confident, creative and innovative thought leadership and communication skills to deliver impact in a hyper growth environment
- Experience working independently and navigating ambiguity
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.