Head, CFCC Advisory, TB, Digital Clients and Data Analytics (DCDA) and TB ASA
A bank with a soul
We are a global bank which is big enough to be relevant to the world's most sophisticated corporations but small enough to be local, nimble and innovate. We tap into our DNA as a global trade bank, committing to the dynamic markets where we have operated for over 150 years. We link these markets with each other, as well as to Europe and the Americas, to help our corporate and institutional clients manage their global investing and financing needs. In addition, we use our deep knowledge in local markets to help our customers and clients grow, invest and protect their wealth.
We believe that every one of our colleagues plays a tangible role in delivering our purpose and we all feel strongly about living our valued behaviours and our brand promise - Here for good. Our unrivalled network and unique culture make this organisation special, and creates opportunities for unparalleled career and development experiences. The success of the Bank hinges on how we harness our unique strengths, create an inclusive and flexible environment, and where our people feel empowered to use the freedom and accountability that we give them to go above and beyond for our customers. What is the Opportunity?
The Head of the Transaction Banking & Digital Channels + Data Analytics ("DCDA") CFCC Advisory team forms part of the CCIB CFCC Advisory management team at Group-level, with Group level coverage responsibility for the Cash, Trade and DCDA businesses. The role will also double-hat leading the ASA coverage for these business lines.
What will you do?
- is accountable for managing and leading the teams overseeing the CFCC frameworks as they apply to the relevant businesses, including playing a senior level in the applicable risk, governance and management structures.
- will have second line responsibility for the implementation of Compliance, Conduct and FCC policies and standards for TB and DCDA, in line with the Group's process universe set out according to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, and any relevant delegation of authority documents.
- will support the delivery of cash and trade products and transactions, together with initiatives originating from DCDA, in an appropriate and compliant manner, promoting the culture and practice of global standards, while managing local requirements.
What do you need to succeed?
- Support the Group to meet its commitment of being "Here for Good" by maintaining/building (given the different maturity profiles of the Business lines) a sustainable TB & DCDA CFCC framework that places Compliance, Conduct and FCC best practice standards, at the forefront of the Group's agenda.
- As an independent second line risk control function, execute the relevant aspects of the Compliance, Conduct and FCC PRTFs through robust independent risk control and the provision of specialist advice and constructive challenge in a manner proportionate to the nature, scale and complexity of the TB & DCDA businesses, and any other parts of the Bank where the potential for relevant risks to arise.
- Maintain independence, deliver timely responses, and escalate risks and issues where the management tolerance of the firm is exceeded.
- Through effective hiring, management, coaching, mentoring, role-modelling and delegation, equip the TB & DCDA with the necessary technical, professional and managerial skills to enable a strong performance culture, and build a pipeline of future talent for the CFCC, with a focus on growing increased numbers of colleagues able to deliver CFCC end-to-end with the Businesses, and on improving succession planning.
- Maintain constructive and effective stakeholder relationships with the relevant business and supporting functions at very senior levels, and assist the Global Head, CCIB CFCC Advisory and the CFCC MT to interface with and support all key stakeholders.
- Take specific Group managerial responsibility for CCIB CFCC Advisory coverage in 2 countries to promote improved CFCC awareness of how Group and Country interact, to drive improved awareness of pan-CCIB risk management and multiply the career opportunities for the role-holder and their teams.
What's in it for you?
- Be an inspirational people leader who looks for opportunities to grow others, develop talent, give clarity and guidance, drive purpose, and enhance decision quality across the team, both as a direct people manager, and as an influencer of a network, able to build and maintain a following.
- Substantial global experience in compliance and regulatory risk management, including direct exposure to operating in, and ideally leading, teams with experience in both regulatory and financial crime risk frameworks.
- Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), the ability to understand, and make complex decisions on, business choices, strategic initiatives, product frameworks and transactional proposals with independence, strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Substantial experience in the banking industry, with an emphasis on cash/payment infrastructure, trade finance, and associated control frameworks. Pre-existing experience of payment transparency rule-sets and governance/control frameworks will be a clear advantage.
- Have existing experience in, or at least demonstrable curiosity of, innovation and new technologies in financial services, including the importance of data, and the emergence of new payment methods.
- Live the Valued Behaviours of "Do the right thing", "Never settle" and "Better Together" on a day-to-day basis whilst seeking opportunities for self-development and growth
- Be an inspirational people leader who looks for opportunities to grow others, develop talent, give clarity and guidance, drive purpose, and enhance decision quality across the team
- Be a leader who helps to grow the Bank, harnessing a strategic mindset and the ability to navigate complex situations and ambiguity
- Be part of the CFCC Advisory, CCIB Management Team, playing a critical role in developing a pan-CCIB, and ideally pan-Standard Chartered mindset in teams at Group and Country level.
- Set and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for CFCC Advisory teams covering the TB & DCDA businesses in support of the Bank's strategic direction and growth aspirations
- Involve yourself in some of the most innovative and risk-relevant initiatives and decisions that are taken/influenced/challenged by the second line at the Bank. .
- Be at the fore-front of the Group's digital agenda and help develop the Group's strategic direction and growth aspirations in DCDA, taking into account the nature and risk of investments and joint ventures the new entity will undertake, and the accelerated pace that DCDA is expected to operate
- As part of senior management and leadership teams, promote the culture and practice of CFCC standards (including conducting business within regulatory requirements, and to high ethical standards) within the Bank and embed a Here for good culture and the Group Code of Conduct.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.