We are seeking an outstanding compliance leader to join our fast-growing team as Head of Compliance for Singapore. This role, reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, will be responsible for overseeing compliance with the Payment Services Act and other regulatory regimes where applicable.
We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and enjoys building. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative compliance team in the crypto asset space, this is the perfect opportunity for you! Role:
Run the Compliance program like a machine. Oversee and design regulatory compliance strategies and implement our programs for all compliance topics, such as Licensing, KYC, Transaction Monitoring, On-Chain Monitoring, PEP/Sanctions/Adverse Media Screening, Regulatory/STR Reporting. You will also play the role as Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Act as the liaison officer with MAS and maintain the Major Payment Institution License
- Advise and support the institutional business on all compliance matters and ensure the business is in alignment with license requirements globally
- Maintain local AML/CFT policy, standards and operating procedures & controls and and ensure effective implementation of the program firm-wide and contribute to Group level AML/CFT policies as well
- Work with technology and product teams in assessing and mitigating technology risk and regulatory risks
- Conduct reviews on the adequacy and relevance of regulatory and compliance strategies, policies and frameworks, and oversee enhancements to address control deficiencies.
- Implement and conduct regular compliance training programs on an ongoing basis to educate staff on the relevant regulatory developments, compliance policies and procedures
- Serve as the key person for internal and external compliance audits for the Institutional Business
- Develop and support the Institutional Compliance team to grow their capabilities and manage an effective and efficient Compliance framework
- Advise and ensure AML and CTF requirement fulfillment for new product and service developments
- Oversee compliance management of vendor relationships focusing on AML compliance in a rapid growth environment
- Conduct investigations when needed with senior management
- Manage other assigned responsibilities
- 7+ years of relevant experience in compliance roles of an international scope (AML/CFT, compliance in financial services industries)
- Broad exposure to APAC region compliance issues
- Experiences in the blockchain space is a plus
- AML specialist certification with a recognized institution/association of a recognized professional body, would be advantageous
- Experience in developing and administering internal controls and processes
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions including Technology
- Experience working to improve onboarding processes integrated across front office and operations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, organizational and time management skills