About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Delivery and facilitation:
- Coordinate the transformation of features into backlog items, ensure the alignment of the Squads building and delivering these backlog items (dependencies, resources contention, release trains alignment, etc...).
- First delivery experience required (as Project Manager, Scrum Master or Delivery Lead).
- High-Level delivery planning incl. coordination of estimates
- Mobilize SME/Architects or any new partner when required by the Squads
- Ensure that ceremonies involving multiple Squads are executed efficiently and provide the right outputs to drive and orchestrate deliveries.
- Handle the non-Agile administrative work and supports the Product Owners when engaged by the controls/processes Functions : Clarity Milestones and updates, RAIDs, Operational Readiness Streams, User trainings, governance and compliance controls.
- Ensure that all risks, issues, scope changes and dependencies are identified, monitored and brief respective forums, SM and PO.
- Handle problems escalated by delivery teams.
- Tracking the plan & escalating in appropriate forums & highlighting impediments if any
- Engaging with interface teams & Vendor for preparation of the SOWs (if applicable) and ensuring the readiness of resource to support the interface development / testing
- Ensuring the delivery of required documents as per the System Delivery Framework (SDF) and controls list in TDA (Technology Delivery Assurance). Completing TDA / Production Service Acceptance (PSA) activities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Produce compelling and attractive presentations for different types of audiences.
- Interact seamlessly with multi-located teams and different seniority of stakeholders.
- Anticipate and communicate pro-actively with the Program Management team/Senior stakeholders/Technology Management on Risks, Dependencies and Issues.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Sense of ownership - autonomously driving initiatives and improvements without needing close management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, make hypothesis and review them each time required.
- Ability to bring people together and federate on a common set of goals.
- Agile mindset and value, forward thinking and able to adapt quickly to the market and industry changes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Good knowledge of the trade processing and front-to-back lifecycle (Pricing, Execution, Risk Management, Validation, Life-cycling, Reporting/Reconciliations, Settlement, Confirmations, Accounting, Liquidity and Nostro management) for various asset classes (FX, MM, Repo..etc)
- Knowledge of various asset classes (FX/MM, Derivatives listed and OTC, Securities, Repos, Equity, etc...)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and interact with technical teams on various domains; big-data, middleware, trade and event workflows, Integration/APIs and Micro Services.
- Familiar with JIRA/Confluence/Project Management and Project Financial management tooling.
- Scrum, Kanban and other framework knowledge. Must be very familiar with the way Product Owners and Scrum Masters operate.
Nice to have:
- Programming/engineering experience will be an asset to adapt quickly to the T&I environment
- Familiar with scaling techniques; SOS, SaFE, LeSS, etc...
- Exposure to standard Trading and Trade Processing platforms required (Murex, Calypso, Summit, ION, etc...) and specific back-office systems (Xceptor, Broadridge, etc...).
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.