See job description for details
We have a great opportunity for a talented and self-motivated Lead IT Architect to join our CSU team in NCS.
At NCS, we seek to nurture talents in creating and developing innovative solutions. If you are passionate about new technologies and new ideas, NCS could be a place for you!
The Lead Architect is responsible for creating the most appropriate architecture and providing technical leadership in complex project(s) independently. Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in complex project(s) independently.
- Define system-level application architecture that includes high-level design, architectural policies and principles, design and programming guidelines, implementation risks and mitigation measures, software development and integration strategies, software configuration controls, etc.
- Maintain control over the architecture throughout the entire software development lifecycle by continuously making critical adjustments to the architecture to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Involve in requirement analysis phase to ensure the implementation feasibility of functional specifications. Highlight requirement gaps, disproportional construction efforts, technical challenges and any other issues to business analyst teams.
- Develop the Technical Design Specification (TDS) independently.
- Provide technical leadership in the project through established design and development methodologies, to ensure system meets functional and system requirements.
- Engage customers to explain the rationale of architecture's selection, or other technical issues.
- Ensure best practices, frameworks and re-useable components are employed in the project.
- Trouble-shoot technical problems faced by the project team.
- Coach, train and mentor Associate Architects and Architects.
- Share technology knowledge with the rest of organisation through Community of Practice (CoPs) or other in-house forums.
- Package and conduct in-depth technical courses.
- Contribute to knowledge repository on experience learnt through project implementation.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have/ Be
- Be involved in pre-sales solution activities to review technical solution and estimated effort prepared by proposal team.
- Help NCS to win mindshare to be speaker or panellist in IT-related trade show or seminar.
- Typically 8 years' experience in technical role with responsibilities that apply in-depth knowledge of architectural principles and design.
- Experience in developing and deploying complex scalable production applications on Cloud/PaaS platforms and Containers.
- Working knowledge of DevOps software development tools and methodologies.
- Broad and deep knowledge in current IT technologies.
- Proficiency in Java-related technology specification and standards.
- Certification in appropriate technologies is an advantage.
- Self-motivated with a positive "can-do" attitude, creative with excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills including strong persuasive techniques.
- Ability to lead, develop and maintain respectful and trusting relationship.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology related field, or IT equivalent.