- Aug 16, 2022
Our client is a specialized insurance broker in HNW products. We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join the team in Asia covering both Singapore and Hong Kong
Reporting to the Head of Legal (Asia) Responsibilities:
- Part of a team of technical specialists involved in product technical support including support of literature development.
- Provide in-house expertise on all tax, legal & regulatory matters relating to products in conjunction with those technical specialists, including in relation to new product development and product related business initiatives where tax, legal or regulatory input is required.
- Providing legal opinions, reports and practical solutions in relation to product development and initiatives.
- Ensure product offering documentation and technical materials are compliant in all regulated territories at all times.
- Become familiar with international legislation, for each jurisdiction in which we operate. Investigate any developments and analyse how they affect products and relevant documentation.
- Develop, review and negotiate legal documentation (including contracts) to support business development initiatives relating to products that is legally robust and commercially viable.
- Support the Head of Asia & UHNW Technical Services and the Product Governance Committees in the management of tax, regulatory and legal risk.
- Monitor external tax, legal and regulatory developments that impact or relate to products and initiate internal changes as required to ensure that the business keeps up with legislative change.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the online multi-jurisdictional tax support portal and related tax materials in conjunction with specialist team members.
- Liaise with consultant lawyers and tax and regulatory authorities in key locations worldwide in relation to its products and other department initiatives as required from time to time.
- Provide Technical Support on tax, trust and technical aspects of existing business, including support on policyholder tax issues such as FATCA, CRS, chargeable events reporting.
- At least 8 years in a legal advisory role, preferbably in an insurer
- Tax experience will be advantageous
- Able to work well in a global team
- Strong communication skills
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Jeremy (R1325165) at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
JEREMY TANG ZHIHAO
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1325165