See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management Technology in Singapore offers a challenging opportunity to be part of a highly specialized support group. The role will entail providing regional oversight of the IM production infrastructure environment working closely with our production management operation leads.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for managing day-to-day Level 2 duties such as batch job monitoring, planned events such as power-downs, incident, and problem management activities.
- Trouble shoot and assist application support groups in resolving level 3 issues as well as monitor and provide statistical reports on the health and operational status of all infrastructure systems; monitor system capacity utilization, diagnose and perform remedial actions within area of Subject Matter Expertise and aid in capacity planning and performance monitoring to ensure that Infrastructure systems are meeting the needs of the business.
- Support the Singapore Equity Trading Desk. This responsibility is client focused and involves supporting core business processes covering order generation, order management, trade execution, trade confirmation and trade settlement.
- Utilize their business and technical knowledge to support our Front Office applications and electronic trading applications as well as deliver on critical business driven projects and initiatives.
- Act as the primary point of contact with Business Users, including Portfolio Managers, Traders, etc.
- Coordinate power-downs, planned events and incident management at ASG level. Qualifications:
- Strong systems administration/engineering skills and all-round troubleshooting/monitoring skills; ability to provide both local and remote support
- Strong understanding and experience with Root Cause analysis
- Must be team oriented and work well within a global team
- Must be self-sufficient, be accountable and act like an owner of IT related issues handled by the team
- Good analytical, problem solving skills coupled with strong communication skills
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Responsible for managing Incidents, major incident, problem and change management related activities
- Advanced Database/SQL (Sybase preferred) skills - ability to write stored procedures
- Good understanding of SOAP/XML
- Advanced understanding and ability to write scripts in Perl, Shell, Python
- Some understanding of Core Java, .Net will be beneficial
- Knowledge of Equity/ Derivatives/ FX trade life cycle, FIX protocol and accounting would be preferred too but not essential. Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V)