- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Avaloq Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Singapur, Singapore
- 21 Mär 19
The Avaloq group is an internationally leading fintech company. With its core and digital banking software and its international network of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) centres, Avaloq brings trustworthy and efficient banking to the world, delivered through great user experience. Headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq has branches in the most demanding financial centres worldwide and serves around 155 banks and wealth managers and the 270 Swiss cooperative banks. Avaloq's growing ecosystem comprises among others over 2'000 employees from 66 nationalities and more than 500 third-party developers that co-innovate with Avaloq.
More information on www.avaloq.com
This is a System Administration role largely responsible for providing operational operating systems and services to the organization.
We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this role. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving windows / linux operating systems related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: servers backups and recovery, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to operating systems and applications related alerts and escalations and working towards strategic solutions to recurring problems
- Installs / upgrades of application servers (in-house application)
- Installs application and database client software on servers, to interface with application server in a client/server setup
- Configures Windows network load balancing and failover for application servers to ensure scalability and availability
- User administration on Windows and Linux systems including creates, modifies, and deletion of accounts, for user rights assignment and permission configurations, using Active Directory in a multi-domain setup
- Monitors and analyse system performance, detailing the system resource utilization versus user experiences and putting forth recommendations to improve users' experience, ensuring high level of availability and usability.
- Diagnoses and remediates operating systems and application issues, mainly leading the problem solving efforts involving external vendor team
- Scripting, in Linux and Windows, to automate mundane daily routine tasks or repeatable installation tasks, with status reports on status of automated tasks, alerts on failed tasks and automated remedial actions for failed tasks.
- Plans and implement backup and recovery strategy for the systems, performing system recovery tests on a periodic basis.
- Plans with application management team and database administrator, to ensure all applications and databases installation and upgrades takes place with minimal impact.
- Implements system, applications, database and user configurations to comply with security policy
- Performs impact analysis for hardware / operating system updates, patches and configuration changes
- Writes and maintain technical system operating documents, detailing the systems functions, installation, configurations, backup and recovery procedures
- Work with external vendor team to deliver effective solutions (External vendor hosts the infrastructure for the BPO)
- Between 5 to 10yrs of working experience in system administrator capacity
- Ideally in vendor / system integrator background. No banking/financial industry experience required
- Experience in both virtualized and physical environments with Windows Servers and Red Hat Linux background
- Good knowledge of shell / windows script programming and automation tasks.
- Proficient in end-to-end troubleshooting involving network/security devices, operating systems, applications, databases, front-end etc.
A high level of self-sufficiency in your area of work and an open work-culture awaits you! Click the "Apply Online" button below to apply to this position now.
Kindly note that only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for next steps. We look forward to receive your application!