Monitoring & Testing Officer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The Compliance Review Group plays a pivotal role in safeguarding the Banks operations from regulatory risk. We are a team of c35 professionals based through APAC. In Singapore, we have a locally focused Monitoring team. We are seeking an outstanding candidate to join the Monitoring team focused predominantly financial crime risks. This role is based in Singapore.
Specifically, the role is required to:
- Conduct Monitoring reviews across key financial crime regulatory risks, predominantly with a Singapore focus
- Demonstrate risk awareness in order to ensure appropriate monitoring is performed
- Understand the fundamentals of risk and control
- Have an awareness of different review techniques to maximize assurance provided
- Seek to identify issues impacting risks under review, presenting sustainable and commercial control improvements to mitigate risks
- Prepare monitoring results and draft reports for review by Management prior to sharing with relevant business partners and participate in discussions to clearly articulate issues and risks identified
- Understand changes in Singapore rules and regulations and their impact on monitoring activities
- Support the monitoring reviews of other CCO risks, and when required.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- This role is varied and requires phenomenal written and verbal communication, management, and analytical skills in order to meet the demands of a regional team and function, and growing regulatory scrutiny.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Basic understanding of Financial Services
- Highly effective organizational skills a must
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Awareness of key Singapore rules and regulations as well as applicable Banking and international standards (FATF, Wolfsberg). Additional awareness of regional rules would be beneficial
- Proven prior working experience in regulatory body would be an advantage
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.