Network Engineer (IT)
Top tier financial services organization requires an experienced Network security engineer for a mission critical role.The role is required to act as liaisons to engineers in the Client Architecture and Engineering department in ensuring that global engineering standards and guidelines are adhered to. The focus for this role is on (1) Network and Data Security Project Solution Design and (2) Project implementation
Responsibilities include: Solution design:
- Produce the technical design in the format specified by Client standards. This requires excellent technical writing skills and proficiency with office automation tools. Many technical designs will be in excess of 100+ pages and integrate various items including Visio Diagrams, Tables, Charts, and links.
- Provide detailed and accurate bill of materials and cost estimates
- Estimate Resource Requirements with a high degree of accuracy
- Ensure Compliance with all Client Standards for Data and Voice Networks.
- Communicate the design in both a technical and business style manner. This will normally be done in meeting and require the development of additional presentation material.
- Develop a High-level plan at project initialization that will guide the project through the requirements and pre-sales stage
- Develop a Detailed project plan that will guide the project through the solution design, procurement, and delivery stages.
- Hold regular meeting with stake holders to track progress and communicate issues, and delegate tasks
- Provide Project reporting as required by the Client Minimal Grid Guidelines for Complex and Medium Service Requests
- Lead and Deliver all aspects of the Procurement process. This includes tracking SR Requests, tracking vendor quotations, participating in the Client Capital Expense process, taking responsibility and ownership of the request through the approval flow.
- Update the Networks Book of Work for assigned projects
- Update the Resource Plan for any project or task for which effort is forecasted
- Determining implementation time frames and risks - Coordinating and gaining consensus on change windows with change management and other IT teams and LBM's
- Submission and tracking of Change Management tickets for implementation
- Coordinating the installation of equipment and connections with Move/Add/Change team
- Testing of network connectivity post implementations
- Ensuring Compliance of all Changes with Client standards
- Completing the Acceptance into Service (AIS) Process for all projects.
- Travel to various customer sites within the Asia Pacific theater is required
- Provide Tier 3 Technical Support during major incidents and troubleshooting assistance for complex long-term issues impacting network performance.
- Provide Technical consultation as requested by the customer
- Assist with internal and external audit request
- Juniper Netscreen Firewalls and Netscreen Security Manager
- Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama CM
- Cisco Routing and Switching
- EIGRP and BGP Routing Protocols
- Lucent Vital QIP/Run IP (DNS/DHCP); N3K RunIP
- F5 Load Balancers
- Bluecoat Proxy Devices
- Rebasoft Network Access Control
Skills / experience required:
- Attained CCNA/CCNP/CCIE technical certification
- Expertise in managing checkpoint, Fortinet firewalls and F5 LTM.
- Experience in various network monitoring tools on data & security infrastructure such as Solarwind, Netscout, AAA products, proxies, etc
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, ATM, Frame-Relay, MPLS, Cisco Routers and Multiplexers, Remote Access
- work experience in either the financial or telecommunications industry with practical experience in deploying network and security equipment such as Cisco routers and switches, wireless infrastructure, firewalls and load balancers.
- Experience in Change, Incident, and Problem management