Operations Programmer (12 months contract)
- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- S&P Global
- 15 Feb 19
Operations Programmer (12 months contract)
The Role: As an Operations Programmer you will be responsible for back-end processes and business rules, using proprietary language that enables S&P Global Platts to publish a wealth of data and authored content across multiple delivery channels. You will also be dealing with any queries raised by business and troubleshoot issues on real time system.
The Impact: S&P Global Platts publish over 20,000 price assessments every day. Generating accurate and timely information is crucial as our customers rely on this information to help them make decisions every day. An eye for detail, problem solving, decision making, building repeatable processes and excellent communication is vital for this role
The Career Opportunity: S&P Global Platts is the world's leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. It will provide an excellent ground for any employee. Editorial Operations is at the forefront of defining future state architecture for the price assessment process and this role will be central to evolving our operating model. With changing business models there are always opportunities within the Content Operations group, Platts or S&P Global's other business units.
The Team / The Business: Editorial Operations is part of the Content Operations Group which is a shared service across the S&P Global Platts Content creation group. The Singapore Editorial Operation team consists of 2 staffs and has counterparts in London and Houston. All 3 teams work together and the management team is supportive of collaboration and encourages ideas along with supporting individual ambitions. Platts provides an excellent ground for learning about commodities, operations, compliance, technology and other areas.
Our Hiring Manager says: I am looking for a self-driven results-oriented person with a positive outlook/attitude towards work/team/colleagues, who can not only manage busy projects' work and supporting issues within the region, but also work towards operational excellence. If you are someone looking for new challenge and satisfaction after the end of day work, this is the job for you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum two year's on job experience in Excel (Intermediate level) and VBA scripts, Testing and process improvement
- Knowledge of one or more of the following is an advantage: XML, Database knowledge, Windows environment, Commodities markets and Taxonomy.
- Strong prioritization skills, ability to manage multiple deadlines effectively, ability to respond to deadlines, escalate issues when necessary, strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail are paramount for this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work independently and a team-oriented approach, prepared to step in to assist colleagues, including those in other regions, and active in keeping other team members in the loop on problems as they arise and how they are resolved.
- Must be flexible to ensure required projects and tasks are completed on time.
- Knowledge of testing and quality assurance.
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.