Private Banking FCC Advisory Officer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Provide AML compliance advisory support to the PB business and supporting functions on rules and regulations, clients, transactions as well as guidance on AML policies and procedures.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Support the PB Singapore Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) to monitor and report on the status of the AML/CTF Program including advising the business in implementing AML/CFT policies and procedures that meet local regulatory requirements and global minimum standards. Ensure timely reporting to MLRO on key AML/CFT issues, where applicable.
- Receive reports on AML/CTF matters, in the context of legislation, program and policy compliance and guidance on the establishment of appropriate controls. Provides support to MLRO on all relevant regulatory enquiries and country governance, where applicable.
- Provide general advisory on AML/CFT related regulations, policy, procedures and standards. This includes identifying, coordinating, undertaking or leading projects as a subject matter-expert (SME), as needed to enhance control framework and processes to ensure constant compliance with various Regulatory requirements and corporate procedures and policies.
- Seek to ensure continuous compliance with the requirements of the AML/CTF Act and AML/CTF Rules, subject to the ongoing oversight of the reporting entity's Boards, Branch Governance Committee and senior management.
- Review and provide approvals for blocked accounts and FCC Exceptions, where applicable. Provide advisory guidance to business on potential higher risk transactions including engaging the specialized desk as appropriate, e.g. PEP, Sustainability, Sanctions, ABC, RRRP, etc.
- Deliver or ensure delivery of relevant AML/CTF Risk Awareness Training to staff and report non-compliance to business management, where appropriate.
- Undertake and provide inputs from country perspective on Financial Crime Risk Assessment and present outcomes to management and establish mitigating controls on identified risk areas.
- Coordinate amongst FCC during audits and exams, internal assurance and compliance testing reviews, etc.
- Prepare content, presentation decks and responses to regulatory or internal requests as needed.
- Provide management with sufficient, frequent and objective information to get an accurate picture of the Money laundering risks the bank is exposed through its activities and individual business relationships.
- Provide AML input into the design of new business, products, services or delivery channels.
- Any other tasks assigned by the manager or department head.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Proactive and self-starter with outstanding problem solving ability and can think out of the box
- Can work under pressure as well as multitask and prioritize
- Outstanding communication skills with effective writing and presentation skills
- Adaptable and a collaborator, able to work well with a growing team
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in AML Advisory and/or with conducting, leading investigations and dealing with law enforcement
- Besides Financial Crime, AML background; Regulatory, Law Enforcement, Compliance or Audit background covering AML will also be considered
- Proficient in Singapore AML/CFT laws and regulations (i.e. Notice 626 and accompanying Guidelines, CDSA, TSOFA, Info Paper on PB Controls etc) and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg). Additional awareness of regional rules would be beneficial
- Experience in dealing with the regulator, auditors would be desirable
- Accounting / Business / Economics / Finance Degree
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.