The key responsibilities of the role will be to
- Financials: Drive the Supplier Finance strategy to deliver superior financial results driving exponential growth with constant monitoring against budgeted revenue & forecast and proactively engaging the stakeholders in devising & executing remedial action for under-performing products & geographies.
- Commercialisation & Branding: Support the large deal, spot opportunities/markets/industry to drive growth and manage concentration risks, work on product Campaigns, effective communications, internal & External awareness of product capabilities, Industry/client value propositions, product collaterals to facilitate training & client discussions by TB sales/RMs.
- Client Experience: Work with key stakeholders including product development, channels and data team to deliver enhanced client experience, challenging the status quo and developing innovative digital solutions and progress towards achieving a digital and data-based product management.
- Governance & Risk Management: Build a robust portfolio with highest risk and governance standards by working closely with the RFOs and Trade Portfolio Management. Manage the inherent product risks (fraud, credit, operational, legal, process etc) and work with relevant stakeholders on an ongoing basis on addressing the identified weak spots, devise new and improved control measures for existing and new product propositions.
- Collaborate: work with key stakeholders including partners and region/country teams to identify client needs and develop suitable client value propositions including product bundling strategies. Develop market and client feedback loop to ensure that client behaviour is well understood and appropriate enhancements made to product and services.
- Product life cycle management & Innovation: Understand client's / industry business issues / pain points and convert them to opportunities by packing and/or creating solutions.
- Industry, Client & Competition: Stay connected with clients, industry bodies and peers in the industry to maintain insights on changing landscape, competitive environment, technological evolvement, best industry practices and key product trends.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Monitor against budgeted revenue forecasts, highlight underperforming products / regions and devise remedial and supportive action.
- Ensure and Demonstrate that Products are Fit for Purpose / Fit for Growth and Fit for Sale.
- Production, socialisation & actions derived from product performance analytics, including execution.
- Capital and Return: RWA, RoRWA and Standard Pricing alignment.
- Active, demonstrable Ownership & execution of e2e product life cycle activities through Product Annual Assessment processes, at minimum.
- Creation of Regional Feedback loop representing industry / client / regulatory and competitor insight to global centres of excellence within TB, GTO.
- Completeness and external capabilities benchmarking & communication of same to global teams.
- Communication, training & pipeline building with Sales on global value-add propositions.
- RFP and pre-RFP support in solutioning and SME support and client engagement - not "holding the pen".
- Create industry value propositions, with quantifiable, differentiated benefits and build pipeline and focus.
- Risk (Operational, Credit, Regulatory, FCC and Conduct) - ensuring product meets the highest standard from a risk and conduct-based perspective.
- Ensure compliance with Product Programmes, CAs and front to back alignment with Functions to deliver compliance in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10+ years' experience in banking or other relevant financing / credit / sales roles.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Experience in leading/driving change including strong project and process management skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills with an ability and knowledge to articulate SF program benefits.
- Ability to negotiate and understand legal agreements supporting SF solutions.
- Strong SF, Cash and FX product knowledge.
- Strong project management, analytical and program marketing skills.
About Standard Chartered
- Good sales and interpersonal skills with an ability and knowledge to articulate supply chain finance program benefits.
- Detail oriented with good client and documentation handling experience.
- Team player and can work with virtual team in other regions to ensure bank delivers its commitment.
- Language skill - fluent in business communication, both written and verbal. (Other language requirements will depend on the specific hiring location).
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers