Project Manager, Quants
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Modelling & Analytics Group (MAG) sits within Financial Markets and is responsible for implementing, documenting, testing and delivering analytics for the pricing and risk management of both flow and structured products. Cortex is the name of the software library containing most of the work of the MAG team.
The purpose of this role is to join the project management team covering all FM asset classes with an initial focus to manage the delivery of the developments for the XVA business for the Front Office, Market Risk and Finance users. It provides close interaction with the head and traders of the XVA desk, XVA Risk Managers, XVA Product Control and Valuation Control. The Project team are responsible for project management across all FM asset classes (Rates, FX, Credit, Commodities, Equities, XVA) for modelling, Cortex applications and core. The new joiner will be expected to participate in projects across the MAG book of work.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage the XVA project covering the delivery and roll out of the Cortex Analytics and SABRE platform. Manage the team, resourcing, budgets.
- Build a strong and effective relationship with the Business, COO, Quants and Technology teams.
- Chair weekly Working Groups and monthly project steering committees with key stakeholders. Identify risks, issues, and dependencies, propose mitigating steps.
- Manage escalations, ensures the project team addresses issues and questions pro-actively and diligently. Be able to deep dive in questions whenever required.
- Always balance tactical deliveries - supporting business needs - with the long-term strategic development of the platform. Manage the technical debt.
- Ensure projects respect internal policies and frameworks, and set the projects ready to pass internal audits
- Team leader with strong interpersonal skills. Able to bring consensus and drive arbitrages.
- Experience working in a Front Office environment, facing heads of desks. Ability to work, prioritise and deliver under pressure.
- Solid Financial knowledge, including analytics and models. Experience in XVA or Credit is a plus.
- Self-starter, delivery oriented with a "Can do" attitude. Able to navigate through the bank's IT, remove blockers and deliver solutions to the business.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Multicultural awareness, personal authority, integrity, and ethics
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.