Job Description Summary The Lead Specialist Advisor is responsible for delivering specific aspects of the regulatory strategy. They lead a team of Specialist Advisors and Senior Specialist Advisors responsible for providing specialist advice on specific regulatory topics to a broad range of business and/or infrastructure stakeholders and ensures that the business and/or infrastructure functions they have coverage responsibility for are compliant with new rules and regulations as well as existing regulatory obligations. The Lead Specialist Advisor influences change and partners with other regulatory functions of the bank.
Your key responsibilities:
- Leading AFC-led correspondent banking relationship ‘deep dive’ reviews to gain an understanding of the client sector and jurisdiction risk
- Leading the APAC based CIU team, close engagement with the Global Head of CIU, AFC and the business, and leading onsite visits with the business at our client’s offices or via conference calls
- Provision of timely updates and escalation of issues where required to Global Head of CIU
- Supporting the Global Head of CIU in process optimization delivery and on ad hoc initiatives as required
- Developing and maintaining management information and metrics for relevant stakeholders.
Your skills and experience:
You will have:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Financial Crime Compliance gained from working in a financial institution, with particular exposure to correspondent banking and good understanding of local and / or international regulatory requirements related to AFC and compliance.
- Strong knowledge of the AFC control and governance framework implemented within banks including understanding of typical AML, and Know Your Client and Sanctions policy/programme requirements (e.g. experience with Transactional Monitoring and Sanctions screening systems).
- Strong knowledge of SWIFT network and the financial crime risks of processing correspondent bank payments.
- Experience working within a global team in a multinational organisation with proven experience in senior stakeholder management engagement.
- Experience in managing, developing and motivating teams to deliver excellence.
- Additional language skills in either Mandarin, Malay, Bahasa, or Thai as you will be engaging with clients in non-hub countries such as Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan, and Malaysia.
You will be:
- High level of initiative, strong work ethic and analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail, plus able to work independently to manage deliverable to timely completion.
- Able to build constructive partnerships with peers but also able to constructively challenge when required, including experience working with a global team in a multinational environment.
- Able to work independently and interact with senior management.
“Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirement applies.”