Our Client is one of the largest and fastest growing Chinese Listed Energy Trading Company. We are looking for an experienced Research Manager and the incumbent will be reporting to the MD or the VP. Furthermore, the incumbent will be managing a team of research analysts moving forward in the future. This research team will support traders in the crude oil, Polypropylene, LPG, fuel oil trading desks.
- Research and analyze oil/gas/petrochemical markets based on public/subscribed/proprietary data to support trading decision making
- Act as the key communication point between trading and analysis
- Build, maintain and update fundamental supply/demand models, margin models and parities models across the barrels, from upstream to end user through the value chain
- Produce insightful market commentaries on both regular and ad hoc basis
- Build industry relationships and stay in contact with markets
- Play a manager role and manage a team of 3 to 4 research analysts over time.
- Degree in Quantitative Discipline/Chemical Engineering/Stats/ Financial Engineering/Mathematics
- More than 5 years' experience of a similar research/analysis role in trading environment
- Has good product exposure covering Polypropylene, or crude oil or LPG or fuel oil
- Ability to collect and gather market data and information for analysis
- In depth understanding and hands-on analysis experiences of oil/gas upstream, refinery system and petrochemical economy.
- Demonstrated analytical, modelling and quality control skills in a large data basis and complicated environment
- Mandarin speaking is a plus