SVP, Platform Operations Lead, Enterprise Architecture - SRE, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Be part of an exciting change and operations team in an Enterprise Architecture and SRE organization that drives improvements in how the bank delivers its Site Reliability across all the services provided by the Bank.
- Lead EASRE Technology Operations team, which Designs, implement, and deploy high availability automated tools in private and public cloud environment.
- Plan and conduct technical tasks associated with the implementation of private and public cloud application infrastructure. The DevOps Engineer collaborates with technical leadership, development, system engineers, and business stakeholders to augment solutions that will meet operational goals for high availability, performance, stability, security, and cost efficiency.
- Lead Incident retrospective team to Identify the contributing factors for all the SL1 to SL3 incident in the Bank
- Drive implementation of SRE principles across the bank
- You are responsible for managing the Risk in EASRE and will represent EASRE on Bank wide Technology Risk form
- You are responsible for the adoption of SRE principles across the bank
- Building software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications through automation
- Deployment, support and monitoring of existing and new services, platforms, and application stacks
- Measurement and optimization of system performance Capacity planning and management of EASRE platform
- Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward and solve tomorrow's problems not just today's
- Your responsibility will be to design tools, automation and execute on approved plans for a secure, highly available, and efficient CI/CD environment.
- Improve system monitoring and alerting to improve incident time to resolution while decreasing false positives.
- Improve system logging and benchmarking to fine tune application infrastructure and gain better insight into system issues and performance.
- Work with engineering and application development teams to improve system performance through environment upgrades and improvements.
- Good knowledge on IT Operations, Incident and Problem management.
- Have experience in leading a team of 20 or more members
- At least 10-15 years of experience of general on DevOps/Middleware/DB/Application development/infrastructure
- Deployment and management processes for both infrastructure and application components
- Background in large-scale system administration and familiarity with open source technologies, Jenkins, JIRA, Bit Bucket, Nexus etc...
- Strong Scripting experience (Shell, Bash, Python)
- System Engineering: This is a technical position that requires you to have advanced Linux System Administrator skills, fluency with Amazon Web Services, and advanced configuration management systems skills.
- Communication: Ability to communicate technical ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders is critical. Additionally, the ability to document support procedures will ensure that environments are properly maintained and supported.
- Leadership: Collaborative leadership is important to gather technical and business requirements and build plans that incorporate feedback.
- Analytical: You will be required to project the impact of design decisions and weigh compromises in operational criteria to meet business objectives.
- Professional, adaptable and innovative with a focus on delivery
- Self-motivated leader who demonstrates initiative and flexibility
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.