SVP / VP, Data Architecture / Data Management - Product Owner, Transformation Group
Business Function Here at the DBS Transformation Group, we focus on nurturing the culture of the "World's Best Digital Bank" (Euromoney, 2016 & 2018) and Best Bank in the World (Euromoney 2019). Our approach is a combination of both science and art; we immerse our stakeholders in the world of design thinking and experimentation, drive rigorous creativity along our pipeline, and build connections between corporate entrepreneurs and start-ups. We are a cross-disciplinary team focused on the invention of solutions that will radically improve the way people live, work and play. We are passionate and committed to make banking joyful (while having lots of fun)! Responsibilities As a specialist in Data Architecture and Data Management in the DBS Data Platform Business team, you will drive the definition of relevant practices and adoption of best-in-class solutions to drive adherence to the bank standards and empower data producers/consumers to deliver greater business outcomes with the Data Platform.
- Define data management principles and guidelines for the various patterns of usage of DBS Data Platform, covering areas such as business data architecture, metadata, data security, data quality and reference data.
- Govern adherence to data management principles by project implementation teams and components of the data platform.
- Function as a Product Owner to operationalise data management principles and other data management initiatives, defining requirements and collaborating with Technology teams to implement solutions and embed them into the data delivery lifecycle.
- Identify areas of improvements and explore opportunities to adopt emerging data management practices and technologies, experimenting solutions and developing business cases to open the way for effective adoption.
- Contribute to shape the future of DBS Data Platform, engage with stakeholders across the organisation to develop forward-thinking approaches and solutions.
- At least 10 years of experience in related fields including at least 5 years in data architecture/data management roles. Experience in banking industry would be an advantage.
- Broad exposure to data architecture/data management practices and challenges involved in building modern data and analytics platforms, in areas such as metadata, reference data, data security, data quality.
- Experience in a product ownership or product management role, excellent project leadership and execution skills: set up a vision and strategy, define requirements and priorities (user stories), coordinate with stakeholders and manage expectations, manage planning and risks, drive adoption of solutions etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, proficient in PowerPoint & Excel, clear ability to articulate messages and develop presentations for senior management.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.